How do I?

toyotaguy

Reaction
ok i know that I do not have anything close to this truck but I really like the look of it? That is how I would like my truck to be set up. My question is: IS THIS POSSIBLE for my 2000 tacoma with the camburg LT kit and 62" deavers with triple bypass shocks and glass. I really like to low CofG and the stance. please inform me of possible ways to keep my truck as low as possible with that suspension setup. Thanks

http://www.desertrides.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=127

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Its sitting that low because its not running. Once it gets going it will raise the ride height a lot. Its air ride and Rob Macs old truck used to sit lower and then be normal height during the race. It is possible to keep your truck low, You are just gonna lose up travel. I say find a common spot that you are about in the middle with your up travel and droop.

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
See the attached picture. I have the same setup you describe and the back is pretty low with still having a decent up travel #. Right now I have a little more then 8" of up travel at ride height, and I don't think you want to go any lower then that.

In the front its setup with about 50/50 on compression and droop. Like John said the lower the front end is the less compression you'll have and on only 13" of total travel the more compression you can have the better, other wise you'll have to valve the shock pretty stiff.

The way my truck sits now, on 33" my front end is just as high as a stock Tacoma on 31".

Attachments

• 55047-level.jpg
    55047-level.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 378

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Jason did you have those dearched??? Cause it used to sit a lot higher! Looks a lot better now.

martininsocal

Reaction
Most of the trucks that sitthat low while sitting still will have a significant rise in the front end under power. This helps with weight transfer and traction. A 50/50 split for compression and droop is very doable, even with 16"s of travel. Drop spindles, etc...don't help. they just lift. If you get yoru spring rate close enough and shocks dialed, even 8" up and down will feel good. For the back, move the axle over the spring and allow yoru travel to go up into teh frame arch without taking the spring past neutral. 16" of travel with a low CoG.

toyotaguy

Reaction
havahockey - jason right?
are you ever in the huntington beach area? I would really like to take a hands on look at your truck if you are ever in the area. If you don't mind that is

beamdream

Reaction
You dont want to look at Jasons truck. Its a pile. Just look at my current hood and you'll see where I come from......

beamdream

Reaction
jajaja--damn those stars! Are you running this weekend? Oh and by the way, Im putting my stock hood back on. Thanks alot man.....