How long does Steve Sourapas keep a car?

gmmvp42

Reaction
Just jealous, err, I mean curious,:cool: his cars are listed in the trader pretty often, now there is a class1 brand new/never hit the dirt. The only thing I remember reading was he didn't like his TT, I forgot which builder, and I think it was bought by the Coynes? Then they sold it or tried to? Not trying to pry into his personal biz, so if it is personal, no need to reply, just curious what happens that he decides to sell one desert/short courser and build another after a short time.(Short to me cuz if I ever get a Class 1 it will probably be my last one too:eek:

Steve_Sourapas

Reaction
I liked my Porter TT but it broke in half at the San Felipe 250 but that's a long and boring story. I was lucky to find someone that needed that truck and they fixed it. I sold my superbuggy because last year at Corr Chula Vista race someone walked up and wanted the car now and made me a offer I couldn't refuse. I built a new lighter Pro 2 for 2008 and sold my 2007 truck at the middle of the 2008 season. I do have two class 1 cars and only want to keep one as the HMS car was built for Damen and I to drive in the BITD series but that deal fell apart. So someone going to get a really good brand new car for class 1 as I bet it will be sold by the end of the week. I enjoy building new cars and trying to make them better than what I had before but I usually have the old one sold before I start a new one. So to answer you question almost anything is for sale for the right price.

gmmvp42

Reaction
Thanks for the reply, this is why Race-Dezert is so cool, a random can get the straight truth from a pro, very cool.

SEANY

Reaction
steve we want to see you out at the next LOORRS!!!!!! what are the chances?????

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
RPS with Corona paint....best by far!!!

Steve_Sourapas

Reaction
Glad you like it and you can thank Tony B. for the great design on the RPS car. New Geiser TT is about 6 weeks away I guess with plans to race it at Primm in September if time permits.

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
Glad you like it and you can thank Tony B. for the great design on the RPS car. New Geiser TT is about 6 weeks away I guess with plans to race it at Primm in September if time permits.

GREATTTT!!! one more TT to look for in the mirror...:D:D:D....just kidding, hope you can make it to see it up close when you lap us...good luck

Tony_Barraza

Reaction

Steve -

Thanks for the kind words! I'm very proud of ALL the Corona race vehicles we've created together over the years!

So what will the new TT look like? (Can we show everyone in RDCville what we've been working on? Or would you prefer to keep in on the down-low for now?)

Jorge - Glad you like the Corona Extra/RPS 1 graphics! That car was actually a challenge, as it features custom bodywork, different from previous RPS cars. It took several concepts to come up with just the right lines that complimented the trick bodywork.

To whomever buys the Corona/RPS 1 - remember...I have the template and MUST design the new graphics! LOL :D

HDRA1

The Godfather
Reaction

so steve is there any of them you would like to have back from the past years i would think there would atleast be one i was thinking it would be this one but with the coors light colors all restored and sitting in the shop to tell stories about with the kids

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
Reaction

No doubt Tony B has brought all of your cars to life with his wonderful designs. Hey Steve if you don't have time to run the new Geiser TT at Primm, let me know. Jangaard and I could find the time and we would love to be able to break it in for you:D

gasit2win

Reaction
I liked my Porter TT but it broke in half at the San Felipe 250 but that's a long and boring story. I was lucky to find someone that needed that truck and they fixed it. I sold my superbuggy because last year at Corr Chula Vista race someone walked up and wanted the car now and made me a offer I couldn't refuse. I built a new lighter Pro 2 for 2008 and sold my 2007 truck at the middle of the 2008 season. I do have two class 1 cars and only want to keep one as the HMS car was built for Damen and I to drive in the BITD series but that deal fell apart. So someone going to get a really good brand new car for class 1 as I bet it will be sold by the end of the week. I enjoy building new cars and trying to make them better than what I had before but I usually have the old one sold before I start a new one. So to answer you question almost anything is for sale for the right price.
As Robby Gordon once said when he stopped his truck on the felipe course, my shocks are done and if i keep going the back of my truck is going to brake off, some times you have to use your head and stop.

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
As Robby Gordon once said when he stopped his truck on the felipe course, my shocks are done and if i keep going the back of my truck is going to brake off, some times you have to use your head and stop.

Shocks (or lack there of) were not the problem on Steves truck.

mattb

Reaction

You've got the wrong guy. If anyone in the desert focuses on keeping their car kept together until the finish line, it's Steven.

chicken lips the ocho

Most Annoying RDC Poster
Reaction

i cant wait to see your new truck, are you gonna be running the same corona colors? i hope so because all your cars looked good in the blue and yellow

Reaction
Awww come on Steve...John and I both you get bored and want a new toy...hehehe. By the way, seeing how John and I never see you guys anymore did Connie ever get a new four-seater? Are we going to see you in Primm in September? It's the now-annual 80's party...may have heard of it or seen the chaos we create?!