• Forum membership has its advantages....

How many off road miles have you logged in?

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
From reading comments and some awesome stories from the past, I realized that some people have been racing for close to or over 40 years and have thousands of miles in off road.

So how many off road miles do you have, be it racing, prerunning, testing, or just out having fun?

Any guesses as to who has the most? Rod Hall perhaps...

Forty1Racing

I knew the old race truck should have had an odometer!

Giant Geoff

13,000. dirt miles a year, before I had kids.

JAM1600

From reading comments and some awesome stories from the past, I realized that some people have been racing for close to or over 40 years and have thousands of miles in off road.

So how many off road miles do you have, be it racing, prerunning, testing, or just out having fun?

Any guesses as to who has the most? Rod Hall perhaps...
Too many to count and not enough to be satisfied!

TROPHYSEDAN

Acouple miles. Missing my 1st helmet. Looking forward to a lot more.
0105171858.jpg

3 Amigos Racing

A couple thousand between Barstow, Nevada and Parker. Only a handful in Baja WTF..

WickedGravityVideo

How about the road miles driven to off road races. I have driven many in the past twelve years, but i guess there are the guys from Texas, Nebraska, Canada.... many, many highway miles. Thank goodness for $2 per gallon gas!

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Last night I attempted to try and figure this out, because I was bored and curious. I've split races with other drivers over the years, so I tried to factor that in. I also "tried" to add in pre running and how many times I MIGHT of done a section or how many laps or a particular race like an MDR, or FUD race. I didn't even consider testing miles. I've also pre ran in our old Chenoweth's with the Porsche engines, Mid-Engine cars, pre-run trucks, broncos, and in my 1600 car prior to my first race in February 2003. I got to 2012 and stopped, but my rough estimate is I have around 85,000 to 100,000 miles in a race car or a pre-runner. 2017 will be my 15th year of racing.

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Last night I attempted to try and figure this out, because I was bored and curious. I've split races with other drivers over the years, so I tried to factor that in. I also "tried" to add in pre running and how many times I MIGHT of done a section or how many laps or a particular race like an MDR, or FUD race. I didn't even consider testing miles. I've also pre ran in our old Chenoweth's with the Porsche engines, Mid-Engine cars, pre-run trucks, broncos, and in my 1600 car prior to my first race in February 2003. I got to 2012 and stopped, but my rough estimate is I have around 85,000 to 100,000 miles in a race car or a pre-runner. 2017 will be my 15th year of racing.
That's crazy to think that you have that many miles when you're still relatively young compared to some of the veterans of the sport.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

harleys dad

41 years and a zillion miles later still putting dirt under me. I really cant imagine with pre running racing and playing, a lot

harleys dad

if you have 100,000, I might have a million lol I have a hell of a lot with your dad Grandfather and Scott, boggles the mind to think about it

johndjmix

I got out in the mountains 4 wheeling after work at least 2 nights a week. Sometimes on the quads, sometimes in the raptor.

Winter is super cold so it's raptor, winch, and a set of tire chains.

We have a blast out here in the winter. The simplest trails become impossible. Not so much the snow most of the time, it's the ice.

--John

Trophylite #6013
Dunarri LLC
WildPowerSports.com
coolermods.com

iribe51600

26 years racing,50,000. Prerunning 70,000 camping trips 50,000 and 20 years testing 300,000 Lots and lots of miles , if u add the trip to and back from races and testing , air plaines and many more , I basically live in a car !! Ha ha I need a better seat !!

oldschool5er

My head hurts trying to wrap my brain around this. It's about a VW offroad life for me so impossible to calculate Race miles, prerunning, playing every weekend, building and testing cars. So I started 45 years ago my first car was a Baja, I didn't even own something other then a Baja until I was in my late 30's. I have not stopped..I just looked in the garage because it can't be real... but sure as crap there it sits..WTF have I done? Thanks for making me think about this, I want to go get drunk and I don't drink.

Weatherman

The voice of desert racing
My 65 scout had over 600 thousand miles logged, some of them not mine. That was predator hunting over the western states and doing the Weatherman Relay. Alas, I lost it in my toy barn fire and all I have are the memories which are plenty.

It would be great if you keyboard artists could show it's history regarding it's magazine features, the shows it won or any other pictures generated over the years it ran. It was purchased in 1973 and sat idle from 1998 to it's demise by fire in 2012.

Broncodawg

Here's a brain twister for you Bob, How many hours, days, years have you spent with a keyed up Mic in front of you broadcasting a race?
Scott did a heck of a job at the 1K, but he didn't close out with a joke of the day, so we need you back....Haha!
Sorry for brief thread swipe.