how many times do you prerun?

troyharper

DA Meatball
Reaction
till ya really know it!

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Reaction
When I was with collins we ran the 500 no less than 15 times we were their for 3 weeks we new that route backwards and forwards AND how to chase it for repairs if needed.

Giant Geoff

Reaction
I’d say 70% of the entrees do not pre-run at all, at lest I’ve never seen that many out there over the years. Most people will just go and do there scheduled section once then go home. Some will do the whole thing in 2 days with 2-4 cars for team enjoyment. The ones that are more serious will go to a spot on burn it 4-5 times then go to the next spot and burn that one 4-5 times and so on.

swiftracing5

Reaction
Ive just been doing my section and getting home for sunday dinner and school the next day. Unless its a lap race like Parker which we did the whole lap.

gasit2win

Reaction
I second that
I preran once in 07 for the 1000 and won a championship,it is hard to take time off from work for the race let alone preruning. When you prep the car after hours it's hard just to make the race.

JD Durfey

Reaction
I have never had the priveledge of pre-running my section more than once it seems. I do my best to memorize it on one go through. Even just once is way better than none, cuz there are always things that I am glad to know about on race day. But if I could, I would pre-run 3 or 4 times. I won't learn much more after that. Having a GPS in a car helps big time, compared to my years racing the bike.

1wayne

Reaction
prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun,prerun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LukeMcMillin

Reaction
as much as you can...

SPROCKET

Reaction
One year for the dash, we preran 3 to 4 laps a day starting the weekend before. Where did it get me, I lost the engine at rm 12. Go figure! I will never do a race without prerunning.
that said well be in ojos tomorrow
se ya in baja

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
pre-run? who needs to pre-run!!! j/k i normally try 2 pre-run 2 or 3 times!!! the more times the better!

i use to rent enterprise rental trucks for preruns... so i could barely do 100 miles n a day so that really sucked!!! avg mph was 15-20

but some of my best race memories have been on courses that i decided to race last min so i didnt get 2 pre-run or didnt have enough time!!!

when u ask ur co-rider "right or left? and they say idk???" u just have 2 make a decision and hopefully its not a bad 1... its these kind of races that can really build a relationship between the driver and rider... they learn to trust and respect each other!!!

i drove the 2007 baja 1000 until the engine blew up, from ensenada to san ignacio(696 miles) without prerunning! also my first time racing mexico and that was some of the best racing i can remember!!! memories are awesome... i was relying on my instinct, co-rider and gps! pretty soon i couldnt rely on niether the co-rder( who wasnt my normal rider) or the gps cause he wasnt paying any attention 2 the skull and crossbones... never gave me any heads up or directions...

then my normal rider got in at catavina (mile 400)and then we started to fly since he was telling me what was coming up and we click very well... the trust factor came back into play

if u cant pre-run u better have a co-rider that u trust cause that can make it or break it!!!

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
we´re leaving tonight for our 3rd weekend of prerunning for the 500....as much homework as you can...worked for us in SF so hoping it works for the 500 as well...

BANNEDFROMBAJA

2317 Cherimoya Drive Suite A Vista, CA 92084
Reaction
we preran twice yesterday the first time we were looking for lines the second time at race speed :D
so i say the more you do the better your odds at finishing.

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
PAb keeps the DA running till they drop and then we do it some more......

I pre-run but my racing is limited to a chase truck so I don't really count but it takes me 2 times to even get close to getting it....Normally on the third run is when I start to feel comfortable and can remember the bad spots.........

All that means is that I think I got it so I drive faster and then............well sometimes you don't really got it..........YIKES