How much camber is too much camber?

V8Ranger

Reaction
I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on how many degree's of camber is too much at full droop. Thanks

Ryno

Reaction
Greg has/ had to on his ranger. He rolled it now, but look up his sig, and you will see a picture of the truck. It had some pretty wild camber in the air.

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
When it starts to look stupid...that's too much! Or when at full droop you tires tread surface touches less than .5.

Kris

"Revenge is best served cold"

scott

Reaction
When the Ribbed section of the sidewall touchs before the tread does....

Greg

Reaction
What your actually seeing in that pic is the tires on they're way back up from bouncing off each other, just kidding. I know it looks crazy but I tried everything in regards to limiting straps and the like and the way you see it worked best. Equal length beams (much longer than stock) are the best solution to keeping camber change to a minimum. Hopefully by new years my new beams will be done (aluminum ya know) and sticking with the center mount radius arms. Just so people know, all that travel on my hooptie is aceived using urethane bushings on both the rad. arms and beams, total budget truck. Another note, if building your own beams make sure to mount them as low on the frame as possible to prevent the front from jacking.

Greg

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Greg, what kind of beams do you have in that pic? And are their limiting straps on there?

Go Big Or Go Home

Ryno

Reaction
Greg-

I really wanna see how the 7570 T-6 will hold up. That is a crazy idea though. =) Hope the IP meeting went well. Hope to be out there soon.

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

Greg

Reaction
I trust my machining abilities more than my welding. And they should actually take less time for me to build than a fabricated peice. also, material will run about $200 for the pair...not too bad. Fish, there are no limit straps in that pic, i just let those big, primative shocks top-out. There's nothing in them to break and they're stronger than any strap I'd buy.

Greg

scott

Reaction
The Old Duralast truck looked as good as I-beams are going to look at full droop. Thats the bummer with I-Beams. They don't look like A-arms at droop do they....