How much does gas cost you a week!

goofballracer

PAT DAILEY #1 FAN
Reaction
$ 4.00 Every Two Weeks On My Gas Powered Bicycle

josh909

Reaction
I spend about $565 a month in gas, just to go to work. I drive a 2004 WRX. I just paid $4.35 for 91.

D Bergstrom

Reaction
I spend about $10 a week for gas back and forth to work. (That is if I drive my truck, a litle cheaper if I drive the car.) 7 mile round trip and only work four days a week. I am glad I started a new job back in November. Before that I had a 40 mile round trip five days a week. Most of my gas bill comes on the weekends when i want to go play in the desert.

Doug

Bri-Man

Reaction
I spend about $30 a week, I drive a Honda Civic Hybrid, about 41 mpg. I drove a dodge 1500 over in Hawaii about a year ago and it was still costing me about $700 a month. And that was A YEAR AGO!! When I plan my build it is definatly going to be a weekend warrior.
I see all a lot of guys out on the 58 and 14 with the big 3 axle fifth wheel toy haulers, and even with a diesle I cringe. How much is a trip hauling one of those big things?

FarrisMotorsports

Reaction
I spend about $30 a week, I drive a Honda Civic Hybrid, about 41 mpg. I drove a dodge 1500 over in Hawaii about a year ago and it was still costing me about $700 a month. And that was A YEAR AGO!! When I plan my build it is definatly going to be a weekend warrior.
I see all a lot of guys out on the 58 and 14 with the big 3 axle fifth wheel toy haulers, and even with a diesle I cringe. How much is a trip hauling one of those big things?

It would cost me about $800 in diesel to get to Dumont and back. No Glamis next year, Ill say that right now.

3 Amigos Racing

Reaction
I own a small trucking company.. last year I spent $24,000 a week, same time this year I am spending $41,000 a week. Running 20 trucks.
My customers have helped with a fuel surcharge but that usually covers only 20% of the increase.

HDRA1

The Godfather
Reaction
i was just talking to my sister she is n the asphalt and grading industry and she was just telling me the are 2 million dollars over there budget this quater already for fuel that is just cruddy tells me the wrong people are getting the money and killing all the others below them

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
Ive been checkin out the Zuma and the Ruckus. Is it true what they say about mopeds and fat chicks? If so I may have a change in taste.

I posted this before but a few weeks ago I saw a beat up moped parked at the grocery store. It had "Hey, at least it's not a fat chick!" written down the side of it. I laughed my arse off when I read it. Now every time I go past that place I look for it on the off chance I will see it again so I can get a pic.:)

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction
it costs me $ 100 to fill my truck... it costs the company 100 dollars when i use the company 76 card :)

Tom_Willis

Reaction
$150 per month for a Metrolink pass, (which includes use of the MTA purple line subway) and a 6 mile round trip commute to the train everyday. The fuel savings are great, but Public Transportation means making physical contact with a couple hundred sweaty, disease-ridden strangers everyday :(

MALIBLOC

Reaction
I agree twillis, back in the day I used to take metro link to Los Angeles and it worked brilliant, but with trying times like these I can only imagine how packed it is now.

SEANY

Reaction
parked the truck and bought a VW gti, i drive to santa monica and back twice a week and was spending about $450 a month. Now just $200, and instead of putting that other two hundered in my tank i am building equity in my little vw.

dsharp

Reaction
I own a small trucking company.. last year I spent $24,000 a week, same time this year I am spending $41,000 a week. Running 20 trucks.
My customers have helped with a fuel surcharge but that usually covers only 20% of the increase.

I own a car hauler thats costing me 9 G's a month in fuel and I dont get my
surcharge but every quarter and then its always a few weeks late
it feels like were slowly bleeding to death