How much have you spent?

SJP12

Reaction
I was just wondering (ball park numbers) how much money you've spent on your trucks, like tires, wheels, shocks, glass, this that. i'm just getting started with mine and it looks like suspension is goin to be around $2500-3000 then new tires and rims, gears and all the rest. So what have YOU spent on your truck ?

I want to know what i'm getting into:)

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
If you have to ask, you can't afford it!
(at least that's what i'm told)

martininsocal

Reaction
about 2300 so far (800 for truck, 500 for tires, 1000 for front suspension) still need rear gears and rims and rear springs. hoping about another 1000-1200 will get me there.

martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
.....not enough......nor will it ever be!!!!

See ya in the dirt!

Gabe Lara

Reaction
Too much, if judged by any other standard, or normal POV.
Funny thing is, there seems to be no end in sight once you've started!
You have to pay to play. Period.

-Gabe

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
My life savings over a couple times (down to $3 again).

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society
U.J.T.S. Manwhore

Tom_Willis

Reaction
Let's see, over the last ten years, figure gross income minus taxes, rent, ammo, a toothbrush here and there, um, well, I guess I spent ALL of it. BTW, when I die I wanna be buried in my F-150 (with the harnesses on, of course). If I go where I think I'm going, I'll need A/C and an ice chest.

JCA

Reaction
I refuse to answer this question on the off chance my wife someday wonders into here and sees my reply!

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

SpareChangeRacng

Reaction
I stopped counting 2 years ago, and that was before I started the engine, cage, coilovers, equal length beams and 3-link. All in all it is way more then I had ever planned. I'd say I'm in this thing about 12K. Not good, but also not bad for a supercharged ranger. Steve

Marshall

Reaction
What ever you think it will cost dubble it! And that goes for the time spent aswell.

RacnCPA

Reaction
Well said Gabe. I've never spent less that $20,000 on any vehicle, race or chase for desert racing since the 1980's. That is a LOW ballpark figure, but if you don't plan on five digits you'll be disappointed when you can't finish your project. Or you can just join the white fender club and only go so far. Choice is always yours. JMHO.

Sc