How much power are Class 10-1600 VW engines making???

DBMETALWORX

Reaction
Our class 10 vw type 1 2000cc, dynoed @ a whopping 95hp @ the rear wheels..it's awesome in sand, silt, or tight stuff.you can go into a corner in 3rd gear, grab some brake, let off the clutch and it pulls like heck. But needs a 5 speed on the long straights. Top speed @ primm in april was 93mph.we have since changed 4th gear..lookin for triple digits...

Cerberus2k7

Reaction
V-Twin's like RC51's make good torque but they are still not putting out as much as a Busa or a ZX14. I have a ZX14 car that I am racing in class 10. My last race had several professionally built VW and Toyota 10 motors. One was a brand new toyota with a $15k reciept. I was able to pull him on him in the straights. He passed me in a corner when I got lazy, I caught him, passed him back... Not too bad for a bone stock bike motor that was only $3k. He had much much more racing experience than me. That was my first dezert race. I was able to keep him behind me until I broke a radiator.

MC powered cars do have an achilles heel though. chain.... I am trying to figure out how to keep it alive longer. bajatex has some time into figuring out his as well.

Couldn't you use the setup that's on the Concours? I know that's shaft driven and for the most part has the same motor/platform as the ZX14.

standfast

Reaction
I looked into that but there is gear reduction through the shaft drive system and I need it to be 1:1 into the gearbox to not put a ton of torque into it.

ACME

Reaction
The 1915cc in our single seater put our a heart pounding 147HP/143lb TQ with a single carb on a motor dyno and I'm guessing it was close to that...

Fourstroker

Reaction
The 1915cc in our single seater put our a heart pounding 147HP/143lb TQ with a single carb on a motor dyno and I'm guessing it was close to that...

3" or 4" Intake Jefe?

Perfect Race

Reaction
My Fat 2000cc dual Weber was 152 HP /179 corrected HP @ 6500rpm on their dyno. Lots of torque and very fun to drive.