• Forum membership has its advantages....

How much tube?

mudhound72

I am wanting to put a cage in my trail truck this winter and wondering how much tube that I will need to get. The truck is a older blazer that I am puting a truck cab on. I would like to do a 6 point with shock hopes ft and rear. Nothing to fancy just want to keep my ***** safe.

mfs

shock hopes????lol :) get a tape and measure depends on how many bars ur going to put in there. at least 100' i would use 2" on the main cage and some 1.75 for shock hoops and whatnot.

ErikShallbetter

Hey Todd,

Lay it all out with masking tape first then measure it all out. Depending on how fancy you get with the truck I would guess between 100-200 feet. Ditto on the 2" main bars and 1.75 for everything else. That is how my Bronco is laid out.

Erik

Giant Geoff

Hey, everyone has to start some were!

philofab

Powered by Optima
Don't for get about waste and screw-ups if your new to bending / notching! No one is perfect... except DUMP! :).

mudhound72

Have not gotten that far yet, getting stuff together for a winter project. Winter is my slow time at work. Need to have something to keep me out of trouble.

glamisrnr

ice fishing starts trouble, first your on ice with your truck, 2nd you start talking about crandon, and then you see who can get back to shore the quickest against your buddies.

mudhound72

Not to much into ice fishing, I find it kind of borring to stare down a hole wating for a fish to come by. My 4x4 club does put on a few ice races each year that I some times join in :cool: Last year I raced my crew cab 2wd dully :eek:

glamisrnr

that must have been interesting. Post it up when you guys are gonna Ice race I have to see this. in person and maybe do some preliminary runs with the enduro truck if its done by then.