How old do you have to be to race a trophytruck in score??

Jacob7672

Nimrod de Ashcraft
Well i mean different types of races like score races and like silverstate or san felipe or mint 400 soo yeah i know what im talking about bro just to let you know.
haha, Im just messing with you.

To be honest, the reason there are some "jokes" on this thread I think its just an interesting question. Most people with the resources to buy and maintain a half a million dollar race car either know or go straight to the source to ask.

Im glad Andy answered your ?? though. If anyone knows the answer to this one it is him. I hope to see you battling it out with all of us soon!!!

WickedGravityVideo

Weston -- are you just talking about racing off road vehicles in general, or specifically unlimted trucks? If the latter, fill us in... how old are you and how are you able to be needing to ask this question? Please share your off road racing plans with us (and PM me with the location of your money tree farm. My trees all withered and died.)

Weston143

Weston -- are you just talking about racing off road vehicles in general, or specifically unlimted trucks? If the latter, fill us in... how old are you and how are you able to be needing to ask this question? Please share your off road racing plans with us (and PM me with the location of your money tree farm. My trees all withered and died.)
Well everyone i dont have an unlimited truck more of a raceable prerunner i guess its a 1988 ford ranger with a chevy 357 motors moved back full ibeam front suspension and rear three link all homemade parts nothing stock other then the cab its got full rollcage/bedcage. And everyone im 14 just to let you and wicked my money trees are gonna go to heaven soon haha u can look me up on facebook to see my truck im weston thurmond just add me as a friend and go to photos etc

BarrelRoll

Sounds like a sportsman truck that might fit in to class 8 is a series like BORE or what ever the equlivent is VORRA is.

There was a build thread in show and tell on here a 14 year old started and I believe he raced it for a couple races.

As cool as it would be to race SCORE or BITD look into the smaller sanctioning bodies like MORE, HDRA, and SNORE just to name a couple. Entry fees will be cheaper, the competition will be a little less vicious to a newbie, and they usually require fewer support crews than something like a SCORE race in Mexico or Vegas to Reno.

J Burleson

hey weston, if you want to get into a trophy truck keep doing what your doing. i would bet that a good number of the cool guys on R ace D icks . C om have never built their own truck. You dont have to have money to be successful, it may help but by no means is it neccessary and anyone who tells you that probably doesnt know what hard work and dedication is all about.
More important than money is being true to yourself, be gracious to those who lend you a hand, and keep your nose to the grindstone. It sounds like you are on the right track. And when people feel the need to be negative towards you, kill em with kindness and never stoop to their level.

And to all of you that felt the need to post your negative "jokes" aimed at a 14 year old kid you should be ashamed of yourselfs. Grow the f up and remember that the "desert family" everyone talks about is always gonna have new members arriving. welcome them with open arms because the day may come when you find yourself broke in the middle of the desert and the only guy out there to help you is weston. if I were him and saw that big green tt broke on the side of the road I'd blow right by with a toot of the horn.

Go get em Weston!

BenStock

Looks to me like you've already arrived.

SNORE rulebook - Page 8 has age info.

Couldn't find MORE's age info or VORRA's in a quick search. I believe BOR goes off of SNORE's rule book but I'm not sure.

Good luck to you.

Jacob7672

Nimrod de Ashcraft
hey weston, if you want to get into a trophy truck keep doing what your doing. i would bet that a good number of the cool guys on R ace D icks . C om have never built their own truck. You dont have to have money to be successful, it may help but by no means is it neccessary and anyone who tells you that probably doesnt know what hard work and dedication is all about.
More important than money is being true to yourself, be gracious to those who lend you a hand, and keep your nose to the grindstone. It sounds like you are on the right track. And when people feel the need to be negative towards you, kill em with kindness and never stoop to their level.

And to all of you that felt the need to post your negative "jokes" aimed at a 14 year old kid you should be ashamed of yourselfs. Grow the f up and remember that the "desert family" everyone talks about is always gonna have new members arriving. welcome them with open arms because the day may come when you find yourself broke in the middle of the desert and the only guy out there to help you is weston. if I were him and saw that big green tt broke on the side of the road I'd blow right by with a toot of the horn.

Go get em Weston!
Did you miss read my post or something?? I don't think anyone in this thread was speaking negatively to Weston. I would never put down someone trying to get into this sport. I remember when I was his age dreaming the same dreams. I remember building my first I beam ranger too. I aploud him for doing what he is doing. Maybe you should re-read what I wrote.

haha, Im just messing with you.

To be honest, the reason there are some "jokes" on this thread I think its just an interesting question. Most people with the resources to buy and maintain a half a million dollar race car either know or go straight to the source to ask.

Im glad Andy answered your ?? though. If anyone knows the answer to this one it is him. I hope to see you battling it out with all of us soon!!!

WickedGravityVideo

Flat Iron.... not sure whose azz you are jumping, but we all can agree that he opened himself up to some curious questioning and a few sarcastic comments. We didn't go knock at Weston's door.. rather, he came here and asked a pretty leading question. I still can't figure why he even asked such a question, unless he used the term "trophytruck" to mean.."any off road truck". Lots of sarcastic humor here on RDC.... makes the site more interesting.

Weston, welcome...you will learn if not already, RDC has lots of cool people with lots of off road experience, knowledge, and enthusiasm, but this is a bad website to come to for a hug! OK... and now, tell me more about those two hot sexy blondes you are hanging out with in the pic!

Flat Iron, I disagree with you about the "hard work and dedication" approach to racing a TT. I go with the $$$ approach. For that matter, here is my approach to racing TTs:

1. turn 15
2. ride dirt bikes for 5-10 years
3. start racing 1600s
4. navigate in Class 8, Class1, or TT for a year or two.
5. come into millions of dollars.
6. go race Trophy Trucks to your heart's content!

Western Motorsports

Flat Iron.... not sure whose azz you are jumping, but we all can agree that he opened himself up to some curious questioning and a few sarcastic comments. We didn't go knock at Weston's door.. rather, he came here and asked a pretty leading question. I still can't figure why he even asked such a question, unless he used the term "trophytruck" to mean.."any off road truck". Lots of sarcastic humor here on RDC.... makes the site more interesting.

Weston, welcome...you will learn if not already, RDC has lots of cool people with lots of off road experience, knowledge, and enthusiasm, but this is a bad website to come to for a hug! OK... and now, tell me more about those two hot sexy blondes you are hanging out with in the pic!

Flat Iron, I disagree with you about the "hard work and dedication" approach to racing a TT. I go with the $$$ approach. For that matter, here is my approach to racing TTs:

1. turn 15
2. ride dirt bikes for 5-10 years
3. start racing 1600s
4. navigate in Class 8, Class1, or TT for a year or two.
5. come into millions of dollars.
6. go race Trophy Trucks to your heart's content!
Nicely Done!....Very Respectful.....Are you trying to give this site a Bad Rap!....Lol.

wheeli

Funny Guy from the North, eh
If you really really wanna be a millionaire TT driver its easier it you start out as a billionaire