How old do you have to be to race!!

Weston143

Whats the age starting limit for racing offroad desert races because im gonna be racing when i can but for now ill be haulin ass out in the dezert hahah! Thanks guys

Weston143

Thanks!! im 14 now and trying to build my new truck but dont know if i gonna be old enough for this upcoming 2013 year but ohhwell next time!

Steve_Sourapas

Try BITD as my boys raced at 14 but your parents need to sign a release. May sure you are entering the correct class for your skill level.

mawtrophykart

I drove my first Baja 1000 at 14
Best in the Desert let a 13 year old race, he broke his spine on race day which required extensive hospitalization for a lifelong disability. I don't think it's an age thing, but racers should be given a written and driving test.

Weston143

Best in the Desert let a 13 year old race, he broke his spine on race day which required extensive hospitalization for a lifelong disability. I don't think it's an age thing, but racers should be given a written and driving test.
Thanks for the information! thats great to know!

Tom_Willis

Too young for the big trucks or a regular driver's license, but too old to start in a trophy cart and be competitive with kids your age who have 6 years experience. Quite a dilemma.

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Too young for the big trucks or a regular driver's license, but too old to start in a trophy cart and be competitive with kids your age who have 6 years experience. Quite a dilemma.
jajaja! Wow, now this is funny!