how to lose weight on quad

calexiraptor

i have a quad that i race in desert, i have 22" razr 2 in the back and in the front 23" razr 2, they are all mounted on itp bajas. i want to shed some weight in that area, i was thinking getting some 21" gncc for the rear and staying with the 23" on front, but what wheels do i get without losing any reliability? by just switching tires on the rear i will be dropping around 8 pounds, i want more!

Demp

#mikesson
i have a quad that i race in desert, i have 22" razr 2 in the back and in the front 23" razr 2, they are all mounted on itp bajas. i want to shed some weight in that area, i was thinking getting some 21" gncc for the rear and staying with the 23" on front, but what wheels do i get without losing any reliability? by just switching tires on the rear i will be dropping around 8 pounds, i want more!
I used to race my LTR450 in D37... but I was never worried about weight..

Check out these HiPer techs Carbon Fiber rims

http://www.hiperracingwheels.com/atv.aspx

Harpo

X2. Quads are for fatties that like putting along then park and eat a sub sandwich
Bring your bike to the Bluewater GP and I will show you a new retrospect for "fatties"

Dezertpilot

X2. Quads are for fatties that like putting along then park and eat a sub sandwich
LOL I agree, but the fast quad guys are just that FAST!!!:eek:

Rhinestone Cowboy

Can i ban pdailey?
Bring your bike to the Bluewater GP and I will show you a new retrospect for "fatties"
HAHAH
LOL I agree, but the fast quad guys are just that FAST!!!:eek:
I ran a buddies quad at LACR a few years back. The local pro couldnt pass me lap after lap. I dont see how it is hard to be quick on a quad on a motocross track. The desert thats another story, you have four wheels beating you up. I dont know i guess i just dont get it. WADR

J Caster

Honda TRX700XX Pilot
Agreed!

Some of us "fatties" just may finish far enough ahead of you we will get hungry and have to go get a sub sandwich! :D

BTW I've seen plenty of bigger fellas on motorcycles too!

A Vance

get rid of the itp bajas. when you hit a rock hard enough it will knock the ring out of the rim. get douglas yellow labels. its a desert quad. no real reason to lose weight on it. caster you guys run douglas right?

jfracerzr

david pearson isnt by all means skinny but man can that guy ride dirt bike!

i dont get why all the bike guys dont respect us quad guys. i think there is more room for error on a bike then a quad.

its also funny that a guy in quad ironman am passed more than half of the bike guys and stopped to help downed riders and then passed more bikes at the parker 250

Bill

Carlos Danger
Agreed!

Some of us "fatties" just may finish far enough ahead of you we will get hungry and have to go get a sub sandwich! :D

BTW I've seen plenty of bigger fellas on motorcycles too!
Didn`t you finish first overall ahead of Nick Blais at CalCity last year?also my last race 4th overall was a quad and I was second quad and 13th overall after a two hour desert granprix.Bring on Josh Baltimore.

Replace engine/transmission with pedals and gearset.

Vtr_Racing

Another quad hatin bunch. Race both of em. Because its fun.
21`s handle alot different than the 22`s do. I assume your looking to shed some unsprung weight. Hard to do and loose the toughness of the rim. You could go with a thinwall rim. Takin a chance there. Im not sure if the Hypers weigh that much less. You gonna sacrifice somewhere.