How To Recognize 1 Ton Beams

Giant Geoff

Those are the right "bad mama jamas" (if that’s how you fraise it)? You have the right ones “rail road tracks” as we call then. The ton beams have a 7/8“ hole and the 1 ton beams have a 1” hole.

crash4519

what you want is 1 Ton beam off a I believe 73-75 F350 or E350. has 1" kingpin and the reason you want them is cause they are forged, not cast.... and i used to know what the part number was for those years... but my beams are boxed now.... but i'm sure someone around here knows.

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
any 67-79 ford i beam is forged, 1/2 or 1 ton, i have a set of 7/8 kingpin beams on my truck (78 f-100) and they are plated(welded). i believe early beams are straight and dont have the the little riser on the end as seen on the pics...

trent06

Mush
what you want is 1 Ton beam off a I believe 73-75 F350 or E350. has 1" kingpin and the reason you want them is cause they are forged, not cast.... and i used to know what the part number was for those years... but my beams are boxed now.... but i'm sure someone around here knows.
Exactly, the best beams you want are off a E350 van!

SpeedBump

Think train tracks.

We used 1969 F300 beams.

The F300/350 1966 to 1979 are equal length 1" KP forged nodular Iron beams.

CRAIG_HALL

The bigger beams have a thicker web on the top & bottom also. Not all big pin beams are the same.. Not sure what mine came off of (bought used) but you can see how thick the flat section is..

Attachments