How To Start In Desert Racing

MTPyle

Reaction
For a group of guys I would stick to automatic trans and solid axle. Easy for anyone to jump in a drive fast without tearing it up. you get one guy that tears up the gears and clutch and ruins it for everyone else

I think 4700 is a great class. Nice size truck, lots of power, auto, good ride, will last for 1000 miles, and good value. It’s basically a Pro truck but more flexible rules. Pro truck class does not exist anymore, as far as I know.

Or 7200. That’s a great class and super fast.

Spend more on the vehicle and less on prep. A trans for a class 10 is not cheap. A TH400 in a 4700 is Bullet proof and cheaper.

Most people will push you to the buggies for value but trucks are cool and in my opinion ride a lot better. Just look at videos of the different class racing and ask yourself which would you want to be in. Haha.

Mike

MTPyle

Reaction
LOL 😂 I wondered why they were talking about pro trucks. Haha what a sucker. Need to look at dates on threads. Hehe

Mike

GBRACER

Reaction
me too page 2 then checked the date poop 5 min of my life I'll never get back.
Everyone has thier favorite, I'm a buggy dork all the way, I bought an old raceco from Rich Minga years ago had to rebuild the whole car had a blast in it for 10 years eventually sold it and it's still gong strong then moved into 5-1600 now we just bought a 2-1600 have not raced it yet thanks to .... well you know.

johndjmix

Reaction
Trophylite. Inexpensive, simple, and a lot of us out here with the same trucks, same parts, so advice and support is always there among us.

—john

jon coleman

Reaction
yes^, big spec classes are ripe for hand me down parts, road racing was possible for me because of good used tires& brake( hawk blue) pads given to us ' less fortunate,& Everyone jumps in to help you get your car to the next run session if your wrenching on somthing last minute, Always race in a big class, your never alone