How to stop my truck from liftin up so high??

singlehanded

Ok, so Ive got coilovers in the front of my ranger and I am having problems with to much lift when i give it gas or turn left(unequal length beams). I was wondering if any body knew what was causing this and how to fix it? I have adjusted camber and toe in also ride height. Could it be spring rate related?

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

fishd00d

What A Joke
Welcome to the world of the I-Beam...nothing is wrong its just an I-Beam working lol.

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

YZFster

Dont feel bad, my F1 does the same fricken thing...Sometimes it gets a little scary on certain roads but I wouldnt trade it for anything...

Go Big or stay there.

singlehanded

I know it gonna do it, I just think it could be less or I could adjust something to make it a little better.

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
I love that feeling because that how I know I'm in a bada$$ truck! It always reminds me of a TT leaving the start line!

See ya in the dirt!

YZFster

Also try getting a stiffer spring rate. Thats my problem i think. My spring rate is 900 when I should be at 1100. Just a thought..

Go Big or stay there.

Josh_Bethmann

I've heard that by adding a drop pitman arm to your steering could help with the left hand turns. I know Jason form Camburg had the same issue with his explorer and by adding the arm it reduced the rising affect substantially. Call em up and find out what there take is on it (714) 848-8880.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.JTB-Design.com>http://www.JTB-Design.com</A>

michael_loomis

its probably a combination of lots of things , i.e. spring rates (although i would think softer not stiffer) rebound valving , axle wrap in the rear etc.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Get the rear dialed in first and see if that helps...I figure since you posted about some problems in the rear it may have some effect on it. If the rear is squatting a lot it could be giving you the feeling of rising in the front. Drop pitman arm wont solve the problem.

Kris
"I was thinking the exact same thing about you..."

singlehanded

I know its lifting alot in the front because the tires schrrech from rubbing on the outer part only, then when let off alittle it drops back down and is fine until I have to stop and start again or make a left turn. Ive been playing with a few things. I think I goot as much camber as possible. My rear is actually pretty high and its a new deaver race pack that is very stiff.

Jack

Lower the front so it sits level or a litlle nose down, then as you get on the gas it will come up to where you want it, this how it is done, that is why if you biuld alot of suspension, you need alot of power to control all of it.

havahockey

Flipper
One thing you could do is get an A-Arm truck and get rid of that sloppy travel, :) j/k.

--------
"My truck wasn't built for your amusement, so stop telling me I should jump my truck."

Dylan

2 things are going to cause the front end to rise: wheel jacking and weight transfer with soft springs.
When you accelerate hard there is weight transferred from the front to the back…say its 500 lb…if you have a total spring rate of 100 lb/in up front the front will lift 5 in. If you changed it to a 500 lb rate it would only lift 1in.
Wheel jacking is caused by side load at the tire transferred up to the chassis at the angle of the beam. The steeper the beam the more it lifts the truck. The side load can come from cornering or a toe in issue. Remember when you learned to ski and they taught you how to snow plow, when you toed your ski’s in and your legs were at a 45deg angle it lifted your body.
If it lifts when you roll forward slowly and lowers when you back up slowly its most likely a toe in issue. If not but it lifts when you’re hard on the gas it’s a spring rate issue.
The reason its worse on left hand turns is because the drive line torque is adding to the roll and on right hand turns it is canceling some of it
if you still have the stock stering the toe may measure ok at ride height but toe in when it droops

singlehanded

I think I almost got it dialed. It had a lot to do with toe in, toe out. It isnt lifting enough to notice a change in steering when I redline it thru 1st and 2nd from a dead stop. I just got to play with the tie rods and get the steering wheel straight without going back to having it lift up bad. I thought it turned left worse than right because the pass. side beam is shorter and wants to come off the ground while the other is still making contact.
thanks for all the advice

Dave_G

Re: "I am having problems with to much lift when i give it gas"

Take a small square piece of tubing maybe 2"x2" and weld it on the back side of the accelerator pedal. I know this works. My dad did that to me when I got busted for street racing in my V-8 Vega back in 1979.

hehe....

Dave

"I know it all, but I can't remember most of it..."

ntsqd

You too ?

TS

"It only seems kinky the first time"
-- Bumpersticker seen in Lost Wages

bajaruner11

To make this short your problem comes from to short of a tie rod on the left side (unequal). try toeing out the tires. This will help pull down your front end, but do it equally keeping your steering box centered. While this no cure it does help allot.

michael_loomis

thanks DAVE , every time i see Dave_G , i think to myself , "oh cool , a bitchen detailed techie answer!!"

jokes on me !! :)