• Forum membership has its advantages....

How was Dave & Busters?

DougM

So all the hype that went down last week and no posts on D&B?

who was there? any pix?

just wondering since I didnt go.

Waldo

Safehouse
Meeting at D&B kind of fizzled! I got there at 6:30 and no one was there. Everyone liked the parking lot better I guess.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

JCA

Hey wait a min. I was there along with my son and Khris. Jen and Gary + group just left. John B. and group left before them. Would have been better it it was a smaller place and we had a big table. The way it was it was too easy to miss someone.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.andrewsracing.com>www.andrewsracing.com</A>

Waldo

Safehouse
Sorry I missed ya'll. I would have said hey and had a brew!

BRAAAAAAAAP!

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
I got there late, but still in time to see some vehicles. I thought it was an ok turn out for the off road cars/trucks.

It was a better turn out if you are into the trucks you ahve to do a pull-up in order to get into them...could have done with less of those type trucks.

The Paradigm 4 seater was bitchin. Nice quality work and a killer engine.

The silver suburban that everybody was talking about from SEMA was not all that impressive. It looked bitchin but some welds looked shady and some of the hardware (nuts, bolts, washers etc..) were halfass to say the least. THe 3rd seat looks like a rough ride. It looks bad ass, but I want to see it actually work before I give it my props.

John and Klaus were out there selling videos and Greg and Jen had there ride son display.

The Herbst prerunner was there with a burly guy drinkin beer all day.

S&S was there with the rolled over victory truck.

All in all it was on ok deal. Wished there was more beer drinking going on. Next year they need to get a beer vendor out in the lot so that more people will be thare, instead of a mile away at the bar.

5-0 was in full force as usual. A buddy got rolled on the way out for getting a little loose for the crowd in front of Sloppy Joe's. Oh well somebodies got to do the crap work and ruin the fun.

Kris

Kris

"Revenge is best served cold"

Waldo

Safehouse
The Herbst prerunner sounded like I failed spelling! The guy started it up about 80 times and kept peddling it in nuetral for the on-lookers. Popping and spitting she went...kind of like fireworks or something. The rig is still pretty cool, maybe it has some left over Pemex in it. It was annoying to say the least.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

Chris

We were standing next to it when he was reving it and every time the exhaust would pop fire came out the tail pipe. That truck is one of my favorite prerunners but you are correct in saying that it didn't sound to healthy. Anybody check out that blue ranger that the kid and his dad built. It had a 351 in it moved back something like 17in. into the cab so that they could mount up some TT style a-arms. Pretty cool. I was trying to figure out how they got tags for it, then I saw the vin number on it. It had a vin for a 80's F250. Pretty funny. Where there is a will there is a way even when CARB is involved.

Waldo

Safehouse
Saw it...That thing was nice. It seemed pretty far back for the seats...the dash they created was rather large. I didn't realize that it was street legal until I noticed the steering column still had the turn signal switch.

Does Tim Carrol have his own motorsports shop? I met him many years back when he was a shop hand at James Gang. I noticed his truck there and it had a TC Motorsports or something on it.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

Gabe Lara

It was good seeing Greg, Jen from IP, Dan V., Klaus, Paul and "Juanito", Jim from PCI, Jamie Cambell, Cheryl C., Tony B., Eric, and so many others........ We hung at the bar and ate & drank a bit, but only a few came and went to D&B's........ I think the turnout later in the lot that night was a bit better, albeit a bit younger. Lots of fun nonetheless. Alot of nice prerunner$ out there..... Riviera's, Herbsts, "Big Bird", and SI's white ranger, and that blue Ranger with the set-back engine was really sweet.
But what was up with the boat parked in the middle of it all? Still trying to figure that one out.....

Chris

Gabe, we were laughing at that dude. He was sitting in his boat chillin listening to music. We were asking ourselves does that guy not see what he is surrounded by (meaning all the bitchin trucks and what-not and asphalt) The suburban he had pulling it was pretty cool as far as creature comforts for the road go.

fishd00d

What A Joke
I think they were on the way to Havasu after the thing. I know there were a bunch of people going out there.

Go Big Or Go Home

JenDiggityDirt

I, for one, had a GREAT time out there (I think I already said that in another post, but I'll say it again...ha!). That blue Ranger should be out at the Sand Blast. The father and son were way cool and very friendly. It's cool to see such innovative stuff being done well. I say kudos are in order to Malibu Dan for putting such extreme time and effort (and $) into an event like that. People like him are going to really bring a lot more people into the community and bring a lot more attention to it. That is surely a good thing. I thought there would be al ot more RDC people at Dave & Buster's, too, but there were two bars and I don't know that a specific time and place was set. Maybe with a little more organization (no, I'm not volunteering!) we can make the next get-together even better. As for that boat...they were playing some really jacked-up music (I don't even know what to call that crap...soul? pop? r&b?) when they first pulled in and I was sure I was going to have to go hang out somewhere else before I went insane. I got Dan to give them a compilation CD with more offroad crowd-pleasing music, but before the night was over they were back to playing stuff like Eminem (no offense to any of you Eminem lovers out there). That Suburban was sounding terrible when it pulled in early in the afternoon. I don't know what the hell was wrong with it, but there was popping and loud noises...didn't sound good. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next Malibu Dan event for sure.

<font color=white>JEN</font color=white>

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
I was diggin the clowns dressed in their 70's attire...I am sure they were there with the boat crew.

Man some people need to learn some common sense.

Kris

"Revenge is best served cold"

JenDiggityDirt

Actually, I really dug the guy with the fro. Someone we were with got a picture of him striking a "hip" pose...I'll have to get my hands on that to share with those that couldn't make it.

<font color=white>JEN</font color=white>

sirhk100

Sorry, been at Glamis for the past week but thought I'd chime in here. What was with the idiot burning out his bike in the bed of the truck. Pretty lame with so many people standing right there JC his son and me just happened to be walking by when the clown decides to do this. First thing I thought was what an idiot. Some nice rides though!!! It was nice meeting Jen and Greg, Victor Fabian, John B, Klaus, and all the others that were around there.

'99YZ400,
'92 Ford Exploder lifted work in progress,
lifted golf cart