how well would this work??

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
I have Camburgs custom coil buckets and 10" SAW on my truck, I got this Idea from Jamie Cambell's 7 truck I would take out the crappy fabtech spring and replace it with 3" dia spring thats the right length and spring rate and machine a custom lower spring carrier to hold it, pull off the shocks and buy new bodies and longer res. lines ect. and turn them into bypasses then add an air bump to top it all off, i know I should just coilover it but money is tight right now and I want the truck to handle as good as I can for the money Im going to spend, I know the truck would work better but is the 3" spring a good idea or just keep running the fabtech spring?....Mike

slimjim

Reaction
i was thinking about doing something similar with mine. you might consider using a custom front spring that is made for your truck and fits the bucket right. national spring will make them for you, or you can order some pre-made from eibach. you also might be able to save some money by using the last compression bypass as a bumpstop. i think it can be tuned to be really firm in the last little bit of up-stroke. we know that you don't need coilovers to go fast, look at the 7s trucks with i-beams, or the old class 8 trucks that used the buckets.

JasonHutter

Reaction
I would ask bpthirteen and get Jamie's phone number. He is a really cool guy and will help you out how ever he can. I have raced against him and he has offered to help us out in any way he can. His truck is really fast for a 7s truck. If the engine rule didn't change and he could run his built engine, that truck of his would have given the Hardins and S&S the best run for their money yet!

Jason

Greg

Reaction
Tim carroll did something simalar to that with his 7 open ranger, he won lauglin with the truck like that.

SpareChangeRacng

Reaction
Jamie is back working with/for Jerry Penhall again. You might try and contact him there. Steve

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
Ya contacting Jamie is easy Im just trying to find out the right length now then start increasing or lowering the spring rate, the other problem is that the tubes on the shock have to custom located to work because the kit doesnt use all the shock and SAW takes there sweet time on custom stuff, I might have to have a machinist make new bodies and have king weld on the tubes ohhh or maybe Mike Smith!!! ya right!

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
Keep in mind if you "add" the tubes your self you will warp the canister and it will need to be honed and more than likely bored depending on how much welding is done on the can.