How would you like a baja 1000 that could go by near la bufadora (the blowhole)?????

CORAL'S BELLMAN

Reaction
The other day I went to la BUFADORA and talk to a group of Ranchers that own the land all around that area, some of them like to watch off-road races, they also know the hard time that Sal has talking to the ranchers around V.T. and S.F. and the fact that the races go on the same course every year, they were realy excited about the idea that the race could go by near LA BUFADORA area, they wont ask for any money (thats wath they sed), there's arond 50 miles of dificult terrain that could be use for a race, they have the heavy machinery that it would be needed to make the course even longer, this road conects to ERENDIRA. Sal could make a race that could start in ENSENADA-OJOS-SANTO TOMAS (jump the hwg.) LA BUFADORA-ERENDIRA, ETC. ETC...how you like the idea for a future 500 or a 1000????? THIS TOWN JUST NEED THE ATENTION AND THE TOURIST!!!

Kartman

Media Goon
Reaction
Re: How would you like a baja 1000 that could go by near la bufadora (the blowhole)??

IT would look great on camera so I am all for it.

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction
Re: How would you like a baja 1000 that could go by near la bufadora (the blowhole)??

Anywhere new would be epic but.....

I have been on some of that area and I can tell you for sure the roads do not connect from La Buffadorra to the end of the road on the south side near Santo Tomas point. Not only do the roads not connect but bikes with solid riders cannot connect it. You would still have to come out to hwy 1 north of the military check point.

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction

....I forgot to mention that the old road down to the Pacific is WAY shorter but WAY gnarlier than the Rumarosa Grade

CORAL'S BELLMAN

Reaction

....I forgot to mention that the old road down to the Pacific is WAY shorter but WAY gnarlier than the Rumarosa Grade
The road wont actually go all the way to the tip of LA BUFADORA or ARBOLITOS but the ranchers say it does conecto to ERENDIRA and it would only be one hwg. crossing.

BajaboundMoto

Reaction

PAB, I believe CoralsBellman means they would blast a brand new road thru those gnarly hills/canyons we reconned.
For sure nothing connects thru there right now. No way, no how.
IMO it would have good and bad points. Good = some new stuff. Bad = how to get from Start to south side of Estero, lots of farm area and homes around Maneadero/estuary.