How would you rate the 2008 Baja 1000?

How would YOU rate the 2008 Baja 1000!

• Can't wait for next year! No problems!

Votes: 161 73.2%
  • Awesome time! Only saw a few issues, but nothing serious

Votes: 29 13.2%
  • Just like any other year!

Votes: 17 7.7%
  • Had a pretty good time, but still felt unsafe

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • Won't be back next year

Votes: 6 2.7%

• Total voters
D

Dan McMillin

Heard nothing but good things from this race, so I figured I would start a poll asking YOU how you would rate the Baja 1000 from a safety point of view and from an overall point of view. It was a bummer missing this race, but there is always next year!

bajafox

Accepted
Well Dan I can tell you I felt very safe on my trip through Mexicali to San Felipe

Even spectating around 279 or so we saw 4 cops walking around making sure eveyrone wasn't getting out of hand.

I avoided the Pacific ride to Ensenada thinking it would be safer and less crowded doing the San Felipe run. I had a really good time at this race, I almost missed it too.

Missed your team down there, hopefully next year

Rory

Crayola Killer
Dan, to be honest with you, I've never had a problem going down to Mexico in the 18 years I've been going (knock on wood). This year was no exception, great time, great people, stayed away from the big crowds (tech late in the day, zoo road, heart of Borrego), no problems, no hassels. Personally, the race itself was a let down, seemed like everyone broke before race mile 220. A lot of big names were missing already, including a TON of class 1 cars........kinda boring. I felt for the races this year, the dust was HORRIBLE, probably had a lot to do with the early DNF's. Come on back to Mexico guys, you'll be fine.

RCJoslin

I crossed in TJ into Mexico and back into us.... of course we took every precaution because it is Mexico and there is and always will be crazy stuff that happens out there. stayed in ensenada Tue wed Thur... no prob's... I ran a stop sign accidentally... got stopped warned..... no money taken or anything...... pitted at rm55 hauled ass to silt beds at saldana then San Felipe, morelia, rm 361, borrego, walkers corner... went back to San Felipe stayed Fri Sat came back Sunday.. through TJ no problems whatsoever

D

Dan McMillin

Poll is now up. A positive Baja 1000 thread with all the feedback we can get is our goal here. Viva Baja!

RCJoslin

X2, I was looking for the Herbst's and the Mcmillins... saw neither.

D

Dan McMillin

GREAT POLL...it was also weird that your team weren´t in baja this year as the herbst family, i hope you can make it next year....
Thanks man. It was weird going to school that day, and thinking to myself "Holy crap, the Baja 1000 is today?" lol

Sitting in class watching the clock hit 10:30 gave me the goosebumps..

Fish, can we make this thread a "sticky"?

ORW.E.C.

I heard rumor of some locals redirecting course marking signs towards the end of the race and some vehicles ended up unknowingly flying of a 9 foot drop of. Is there any real fact to this or more baja rumors?

OR2BAJA

The road crossing at around race mile 415 was really sketchy through the corners and some of the locals doing pits at san matias got really out of hand after there cars came through! But all the guys that came down got home safe and that is what really matters!

Joser1726

i was not there but i felt like i was.... RDC all day baby!

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
We didn't have one single problem other than the car breaking at mile 17.

Everything was as smooth as a greased turd.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
GREAT POLL...it was also weird that your team weren´t in baja this year as the herbst family, i hope you can make it next year....
that was the weirdest thing not seeing "big red" down there and the big "M". Just didn't feel right.

The only problem I heard about was a lady at sign-ups wanting her money back because her van with the race bikes in it was stolen.

Tundranation

Well Dan I can tell you I felt very safe on my trip through Mexicali to San Felipe

Even spectating around 279 or so we saw 4 cops walking around making sure eveyrone wasn't getting out of hand.

I avoided the Pacific ride to Ensenada thinking it would be safer and less crowded doing the San Felipe run. I had a really good time at this race, I almost missed it too.

Missed your team down there, hopefully next year
I was right there with Carlos, this was my first 1000 and I loved it, and at no time did I ever feel out of place or uncomfortable ..the people the weather the race all were fantastic ! I cannot wait until the next race ! I too missed seeing Andy and Danny racing, and look forward to seeing them at the Dash !!! :D