How would you rate the 2008 Baja 1000?

How would YOU rate the 2008 Baja 1000!

• Can't wait for next year! No problems!

Votes: 161 73.2%
  • Awesome time! Only saw a few issues, but nothing serious

Votes: 29 13.2%
  • Just like any other year!

Votes: 17 7.7%
  • Had a pretty good time, but still felt unsafe

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • Won't be back next year

Votes: 6 2.7%

• Total voters

tinbender

Had a great time although we did a chase for a different energy drink this year ! Couldn't believe it had been a year since we helped your family in Loretto. Stayed on the Gulf side this year and hit our marks with Riviera everytime. " The General" still has the best grub !

Brady

xtremedad

*An outside observers opinion.

Could it be that the stink bestowed on the race last year was felt by more than just visitors? Could locals and visitors alike feel as though it was time to chill a little and make the best of a great event without all the chaos (although there will always be some chaos)? Baja may be another country with ways that are different, but they aren't so out of touch that they don't know what occured last year. Corruption will always be present down there, but maybe the majority went in to hiding during this event? The reality is that these races are good for the country and just maybe it was realized not to jack a good thing???????

punchdrunk monkey

We had a great trip. We were in SF on Friday afternoon enjoying tacos on the Malocon, then realize that we left our bags (cloths, passports etc..) and tools in the bed of the truck. I walked over (2 blocks away) and everything was still there. I did donate a new sweatshirt to a lovely lady at Iguana's. I got up to take a piss and when I got back it was gone. Good thing my buddies sitting next to me were paying attention :rolleyes:

JoeyD23

LMAO.........Sweatshirts and gloves are hot items Punchdrunk!! I will email you those pics I have of the 35 and the other Mastercraft TT.

Zambo

Great great race. Only problem we had was the night before the race all the power went out in Estero Beach, so last minute prep was on generators and lights. There was no pump pressure for water either so the next morning we went to hotel Joker to get showered up before the race and much if not all of the place was rented out by Federal Police. Guess they had some extra help in town.

emicabher

I was on the Laguna Salada near to rm 140, and everything was like a party on desert. We had great time as spectators. About safety, a problem can occur everywhere: Baja Mex, USA, China, Spain, etc.

Laurie

One of the Herbst brothers was hanging around the finish line waiting for Mark Post to come in. I believe the next stop was Cabo for the weekend.

That makes since, my brother-in-law was in Cabo for the week and said he'd seen a couple of Herbst support trucks and thought the race was ending there again.
The gringo paper said it was ending in Cabo. So he was confused.

clogking

Had a great time in Baja. Went through TJ Wednesday @ noon smooth sailing to Ensanada. Was told 3 days before buy our crew that we had lost 3 room at the Villa Marina. Get there Wednesday after noon and all was good. They found our rooms:rolleyes:. Paris was spot on:eek:. Got up Thursday morning O-dark thirty got in line for contingency perfect timing(Durka girls strong strong effort setting the bar high for the other camera guys!). Race day up again early to watch Bikes go off. Then began Loooong day of chasing.Chased all over Hwy 3 & 5. Smooth as butter. lots of cops up and down HWY 5 felt pretty safe on the roads.Sat in Borrego till late then headed to VDT then to Ojos then Ensanada early Saturday then back to the States. Hit Otay Saturday noon, 45 minute wait, the home by 8 PM. I spoke to the manager at the Bahia at the 500 he said that business was off 75% at that time. I think the business people in Ensanada and Rosirito are dieing and the drug lords hear this. They can't live with out our American dollars(Tourist:) and drug:mad:). I think the future is bright for all of us as far as Baja racing goes its just our economy that will put a damper on things. Great race, great time, great people, great Tacos and beer.Can't wait for next year:):)

nimrod

KOOK!
Had a great time. If the 16 hadn't caught on fire it would have probably been even better.

I really had an amazing time, but I was constantly alert and trying to be aware of my surroundings.....Those are 2 things that are always a good thing to do, but I never did feel very relaxed.....

El Ranas

Had a great time at laguna salada (mm139) then to mm140 (at la competencia bar).

Cant wait for SF250.......... :rolleyes:

Martin

I spent most of the race at Borrego and it was good to see that there was Police patroling the pit area with automatic weapons. They took fireworks away from some guys but that was all.

baja tambo

Great Time!!!! If you did not go, them stay home next time too!!! You were not missed!!!! Everything was GRRReat!!!

Will_Higman

Dakar Finisher
I thought the entire event went really well and actually SCORE raised the bar a bit in my book. Contingency and Tech ran really smooth with the flow of cars and having the finish line back in front of the Convention Center was a bonus. The course was a real challenge in many ways and even though it was only 631 miles it was a true test for the drivers and teams for sure.

Great job Sal and all the SCORE employees and volunteers that made it happen!

:)

BayerleRacing

It was an uneasy feeling when we saw a federal police pulling 3 different people over in 10 minutes between Ojos and Ensenada. Our chase truck had expired tags and cost him $160. He wasn't even speeding and no way you could see the tags in the night. Race was a blast, hated the border crossing.

dan200

#BSF200
It was an uneasy feeling when we saw a federal police pulling 3 different people over in 10 minutes between Ojos and Ensenada. Our chase truck had expired tags and cost him $160. He wasn't even speeding and no way you could see the tags in the night. Race was a blast, hated the border crossing.
weird, i have gone to baja with a friend many times and he takes his plates off while in mexico. nothing ever happened to him. i dunno why he removes his plate and never understood his answer when i asked him about it.

expired plates in another country? just seems strange to me..

randy s

weird, i have gone to baja with a friend many times and he takes his plates off while in mexico. nothing ever happened to him. i dunno why he removes his plate and never understood his answer when i asked him about it.

expired plates in another country? just seems strange to me..
he takes his plates off so the cops won''t. in alot of towns and cities in mexico, if the cops see where you are parked illegally or whatever, they'll pull your plates off forcing you to go down to the cop shop to deal with it. i usually put the front one on the back and rivit it on.