• Forum membership has its advantages....

Howdy All Y'all

Mojave Traveler

My apologies for this late introduction.Doesn't look like many people read these things, but i'll get my arse in gear for the sake of following the rules established by the fine folks at RDC..My name is Lewis and i live in this place called the Victor Valley. Once home to the King of the Cowboys, Roy Rogers, it was a fine area to live years ago, and just a short drive to many off road areas.But now, not so much a fine place. If God gave the world an enema, he'd insert the tube right here. I hate to leave, but if things don't improve, or at the very least stabilize, i'm gonna have to move..Maybe head to Baja with everyone else.

Anywayz, i attended my first race in 1986 and have been a fan of desert racing ever since. I joined this forum to keep in touch with what's going on in the sport as i've been away from desert racing for many years.I also enjoy the vintage forum. Perhaps i'll write some articles with photos in the forums about the glory days of desert racing, which would be the mid 1980's for those who don't know, if i get the time and you all are interested.Writing is my thing if you haven't noticed by now.Took me all of 5 minutes to type this crappy synopsis out..lol

Hope this short introduction finds you in good health and in good spirits.Stay positive my friends, as being negative only makes a difficult journey even more difficult..You may be given a cactus, but that doesn't mean you have to sit on it... Although i have found that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Happy Trails,

Mojave Traveler

51rcr

Good info, I also now know where Roy Rogers was from. So do you know/rember lots of the history of races, the drivers, and cars? People love that and pictures are a great kicker

Mojave Traveler

I have a few great stories and memories from over the years at various races, and i have a lot of pictures too..Hopefully i'll have the opportunity to share a lot more than i already have.

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
Remember when "Nellie Belle" used to sit forlornly in front of Roy and Dale's place?

Mojave Traveler

I only remember seeing Nellie Belle in the museum during an NRA event held there about 15 years ago..They had a raffle for a limited edition Roy Rogers 30-30 lever action rifle..Very nice for the winner, which wasn't me.