Howe Power Steering Pump/5.3l Bracket

DesertGuy1

Reaction
Does anyone offer a power steering pump bracket to mate the Howe TC 210 power steering pump to a Chevy 5.3l that has the truck front bracketry (Alt. on top)? Was wondering before I invest the effort in designing one... much rather just purchase it.

sl1111

Reaction
I had this same issue on my old car. Turn Key and Redline said I would have to switch over to LS1 brackets to change over to TC pump. Paul at turnkey then turned me on to a P pump. I bought mine from Howe, but PSC also offers them. They bolt into the stock location and allow you to use all the truck brackets. They are the stock pump without the built in reservoir. They have a can on the back instead of the reservoir that has all the needed An ports. Then you just run a remote reservoir. It worked as good as any TC pump I used. They are available in varying pressures and flows. Here is a link to a PSC pump, but as said before, Howe and Lee also offer them.
http://www.pscmotorsports.com/sp1305-8006-standard-p-pump-w-steel-reservoir-can-p-275.html

DesertGuy1

Reaction
sl1111, after speaking with Jeff Howe, he mentioned that pump as an alternative that would work fine. After our conversation, I still wanted to stay with the TC210 pump and the 315 pulley from Howe though.

I spoke with Ray from Desert Rat Buggies and he told me to just switch out the Alt/power steering pump bracket to a Chevy SSR and the TC210 pump would fit right up with a minimal backspace... that cat is a genius.:D:D I'd recommend Ray to anyone, he definately has a repeat customer here... You'd think Howe and GM consulted with one another.

Last edited: