Howe Pump

Steve_HKmtrsprts

How much of a difference does the Howe Steering Pumps make? Would you recommend one for a daily driver? I want to eventually do a cross-over steering set-up and was asked if I wanted to run the Howe pump. Does it make a huge difference for the cost? Or should I just worry about doing the cross over for now?
Thanks!

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.off-roadproducts.com/desert_racer_system_2_5.html>http://www.off-roadproducts.com/desert_racer_system_2_5.html</A>

Snmiedo

Steve,

Any pump that provides more volume (not pressure) than stock is a good move. We usually reccomend a Howe, UMP, or AGR pump with an external reservoir. The additional fluid is needed for the added pump volume and also helps to keep temps. lower.

Regardless of whether you add crossover steering or not, this move is a great improvement. Down the line, you can always add a ram and have the pump pressures increased.

Feel free to call us if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Michael Cohen
Race Ready Products
619-691-9171

Jack

I have heard about some bad Quality problems with the ARG pumps with midia and coating material inside critical pasages and when called to find out why and what to do about it they were quite offended there were even being botherd with questions, and there answer was to stick some sand paper on a pencil and sand off the material with no concern for the madia or sand left behind. Kind of sad for the price you pay. Use the Howe stuff they suport our sport.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
does any one make a better quality pump for my s10? it whines horribly at maximum left and right turns and itsa hard as a mutha to turn the wheels when im stopped gotta give it gas to turn the wheel and i only have 31's on right now.

Gregg

tkr

All stock pumps whine at full steering stop because your overloading it. I'm pretty sure you can get an adjustable pressure regulator to replace the stock one in the back of your pump so you can dial up the pressure a little bit.

Matt Nelson
Team Kwik Racing

Snmiedo

Jack,

What publication or article in the media are your referring to? I someone called my company and made unfounded negative comments about my product without a specific problem or question, I imagine I too would be a bit confused.

We have had excellent luck with both manufacturers. AGR offers a more vehicle specific application than Howe does so it really depends on the budget and needs of what you want to accomplish.

Good Luck!
Mike Cohen
Race Ready Products

Jack

I was not refering to any publication or article. When I said media I was refering to the small balls and sand used when tumbling a part. The calls were founded negative comments and were very specific. They were not confused, just uncoprative.
Sorry if I upset you about your dealings with that company, just giving an account of a close friends experience.

Snmiedo

Jack,

My apologies for my misunderstanding. Your comments did not upset me, rather, I am defensive of companies that do a good job and come sometimes get a bum rip from hear say. Sounds like your frined had a pump that did not get flushed out and tested upon assembly. I would be glad to try and alleviate the problem by contacting AGR on you or your friends behalf. They should be receptive to everyone's problems or concerns. However, maybe I can help you guys out.

Feel free to call me at the office 619-691-9171 if you would like me to get involved.

Thanks!
Mike

Jack

I gave Kirk your number, and told him who you were, he does not race, but is an avid rock crawler that is just looking for a good product. He said he would call you and see if you could help

Thanks.

Stan

There's been some people that have had problems with AGR. The owner of ColoradoK5.com is one of them.

I'm not here, nor was I here, nor will I ever be here.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Check out Tommy Lee pumps. WE switched from howe to Tommy Lee and it is night and day.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"It's not an oil leak, it's sweat from all the horsepower"