HPI BLitz Short Course Truck

ProfessionalPitMan

I have been poking around on HPI's site, and saw this thing up on there all of the sudden. Looks like they went more the Associated route and went race set up.

http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/103171/

They seem to have taken some of Losi's ideas on improving stuff that, in my opinion, Associated missed on. The body is almost as cool as the SC10, and the components look really nice. The set up seems to be good with HPI always being a top RC manufacturer. The more short course trucks out there the better. Will give us some more tire options, some more manufacturers of bodies, parts, etc. I really like the look of this truck, and if the price is right, think it will be a good option to compete with the SC10 on the race track.

ProfessionalPitMan

If they make a "Flux RTR" version like they do the Firestorm, I am in. The brushless set up from the factory is a cool concept. I really like the HPI product. The Firestorm is really well built.

michael_loomis

Looks bitchen!! I like it...

spalind

The HPI guys had their Blitz out there racing today at the Short Course National Championships...will have a pic of it soon...

07FJRog

where are the prices?

spalind

where are the prices?
Don't think those have been posted yet as it won't be officially released until the fall...realisticly though wouldn't it have to be in the $199-$299 range in order to compete?

Chris Tobin

Nice looking truck. HPI builds great products at good prices too!!! I would like a Nitro version!!!:D

gary

looks good to me. i like that 1) front and rear wheels are the same (no need for different sets of rims) and 2) that mount is a hex, not a pin. more common, more adaptable, stronger, more options...scale tires are cool too. i say hpi enjoys some success with it...

don't get me wrong, i dig my sc10 though... needs some numbers on the doors...

Attachments

Rhinestone Cowboy

Can i ban pdailey?
looks good to me. i like that 1) front and rear wheels are the same (no need for different sets of rims) and 2) that mount is a hex, not a pin. more common, more adaptable, stronger, more options...scale tires are cool too. i say hpi enjoys some success with it...

don't get me wrong, i dig my sc10 though... needs some numbers on the doors...
WWW.TRU-RC.COM owned by an rdc member

JWK Motorsports

they're out! saw one at hobby people yesterday.. they are pretty awesome!!(well everything looks awesome when it's brand new and hasn't touched the dirt) I think the tires would be perfect for dirt, more of a loose dirt, but on clay?! not so much.. what do you guys think?! they look badarse tho!!!

Demp

#mikesson
Yawn.......:)

Brandon121

Josh's Dream
sweet truck. would be great to see ae,hpi and traxxas go at it in surprise.
Well that kind of happened.....AE raced at the Nitro Pit next door taking the WIN in both premier classes. $5000 per victory.......:eek: That's more then a win in Unlimited 2!
HPI was there under the name Hot Bodies (good products), and as for TRAXXAS......they do not participate in the racing portion of RC....which is odd considering they claim to be the fastest name in RC. :confused: