Huge Sponsor question??????pls help

TCRAFT

Reaction
I have a very big sponsor question. They are wondering what liabilty do they have if there name is plastred all over my car and I hit and injure a family or a fellow racer what protects them????

TCRAFT

Reaction
Its actually a serious ??? Please educate me on a PM or on the forum.....

Last edited:

Ranger_Edge

Reaction
Writing a tight contract that excludes your sponsors from liability may be the way to go. If its a large sponsor investing money, then getting a good lawyer to draw up a generic contract so you can use it multiple times should be worth the money

C. Bucher

Reaction
Its actually a serious ??? Please educate me on a PM or on the forum.....

My response was serious...

Indemnification, in its various form(s), provides that one can/may absolve another from certain liability arising from a specific claim(s).

Range Edge touches on needing to hire an attorney to draft some generic provisions to this effect and I would agree with him. Mind you, I'm not an attorney, merely a student.

If the company who's offering sponsorship hasn't already identified this as a concern...I think the rest goes without saying.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Motorsports liability insurance....not cheap, just roll it into the sponsorship proposal. Shop around, plenty of stuff on the net/search engines.

charlie_brown

Reaction
^^^^ i like the "Kidnap and Ransom" insurance. that would be usefull at some races.

TCRAFT

Reaction
awesome thank you guys ya its a big sponsor so I hope it works...keep the help coming

Tipracer

Reaction
There is a release of liability that you must incorporate into your contract, Check around keyword search "release of liability, motorsport", good luck with the sponsor