Hungarian Baja 8/11-8/14 and Menzies is IN!

spalind

Reaction
Bryce's next Rally Raid is booked. Scheduled for a week and a half from now the official entry list is out and Bryce is in (Mikko Hirvonen, Boris Gadasin, Erik Van Loon and Kalifa Al-Attiyah the other big names in the event).

Bryce will be using Peter Mortensen in the silly seat for this event after having used codrivers with deep Rally-Raid experience in Abu Dhabi and Baja Italy earlier this year. Given the lack of real off-piste navigation this should not pose a huge issue.

If Bryce doesn't have mechanical issues, he should be vying for the podium and a possible overall win in this event...

Dirty Harry

Reaction
If Bryce doesn't have mechanical issues, he should be vying for the podium and a possible overall win in this event...
That is pretty optimistic. If Bryce beats Mikko Hirvonen I have a case of Red Bull for you!

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

spalind

Reaction
Oooo....Game on!

OK...ground rules...just straight up who finishes better regardless of DNF/DNQ/mechanical issues, etc.? I'll agree to that. Can we switch it to a case of "Speed" instead? They have nice online ordering and RG can use all the money he can get to hopefully get back to the Dakar some day...

Dirty Harry

Reaction
Sure we will keep it simple and just say whomever finishers higher regardless of outside events. I picked Red Bull since we were talking about Bryce, but if you want Speed that is fine by me.

spalind

Reaction
and this will also be Bryce's last Rally-Raid of the year...with his knee operation announced today and other commitments...he will NOT be racing OiLibya Morocco...

spalind

Reaction
Bryce in 2nd overall after day 1...gotta go see if Hirvonen is the only one in front of him or if a case of Speed is on its way to me...

spalind

Reaction
Damn it! Hirvonen leads by 2:53...looks like I'll be hoping for some mechanical issues!!

Dirty Harry

Reaction
Bryce in 2nd overall after day 1...gotta go see if Hirvonen is the only one in front of him or if a case of Speed is on its way to me...
Rallies aren't won on the first day, it's ok.

Dirty Harry

Reaction
Well it looks like we picked well. Bryce in second, only to Hirvonen. No shame in that, very impressive for Bryce and especially Pete against guys with a lot more rally raid experience.

ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1471214371.956806.jpg

spalind

Reaction
Shoot me your address! I owe you some Speed!