• Forum membership has its advantages....

Hydrate or Die!!!

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
After last years issues I thought I would post this up. I know there was a thread last year After the race but that was too late.
This is a " Don't let this be YOU type of moment"
The Baja 500 is 7 days away.
NOW is the time to start hydrating!!!!!

If you are .....
Driver
Co-driver
Pit guy
Chase guy
Or involved in any other capacity of the race.( I will put anyone who is in the heat)
As of NOW!!! Not tomorrow , not Thursday or Friday night... it's time to start... HYDRATING ..if you are not drinking approximately a gallon of water a day ? You are not drinking enough.
Oh yeah, and team guys going down to help out ... Thursday and Friday night are not the time to go out and get trashed ... save that for after the race. YOUR LIFE or the LIFE you have been entrusted with is counting on YOU being where YOU said YOU WOULD BE at the time YOU would be there !!!!

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1496175586.036743.jpg

This is a pic from Texas football programs expectation for players

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Not to mention a 200+ degree engine and trans within inches

coolerking

FB_IMG_1465066781844.jpg I took this last year, it stopped reading a short time later at 125+. In the shade north of san felipe.
The bees were vicious too...the pelican cooler full of cold water/drinks, and block ice saved us and few others.

fathead

These help a ton. They have them at Harbor Freight for like $7.00 or any sporting goods store

Attachments

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
It will be nice in Ensenada ... out in the desert .. not so much

Porboy

View attachment 181702 I took this last year, it stopped reading a short time later at 125+. In the shade north of san felipe.
The bees were vicious too...the pelican cooler full of cold water/drinks, and block ice saved us and few others.
We were on the lake bed last year and it was the hottest I have ever been. We had one pit guy get heat stroke. Luckily we were able to get him cooled down and hydrated. Serious stuff!