I gotta say..........

JoeyD23

Reaction
A few weeks ago I made a post asking about TORC pictures/coverage after the TORC race at Perris Auto Speedway......

After a few days I got ZERO responses and still there were no pictures.....I then added to the thread and said that I had come to the conclusion that TORC media coverage SUCKS.....Now I wasnt taking a dig at the photographers that did cover the event by any means. I was taking a dig at the fact that there was NO COVERAGE being displayed hear nor anywhere.........

Of course all of a sudden people got an opinion and I got flamed by a couple of a-holes who essentially told me I was a free loading flatbiller looking for free content for my own site when in reality I am not and was not.....The reason I bring it up now is after this LOORRS race I cant keep up with all the coverage..ITS AWESOME! Picture after picture, video clips, news, reviews...its everywhere!

So now for the couple of flamers that jumped my SHIAT take a look at the RDC Shoutcourse Racing section and get a clue as to what I was talking about.....BTW I didnt hear one person, Media-Racer-Fan this last weekend say one good thing about TORC...I am seriously nuetral in all of this but from my perspective as a fan and rookie photog LOORRS is kicking some major racing series booty!

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
BTW I didnt hear one person, Media-Racer-Fan this last weekend say one good thing about TORC...I am seriously nuetral in all of this but from my perspective as a fan and rookie photog LOORRS is kicking some major racing series booty!
..... thats because they/you haven't been to any of the midwest races...

I will assure you that Pala and Las Vegas are going to be off the hook!!!! for sure!!! ... bark river and Crandon 40th is going to be crazy and the racing will be some of the best it's ever been..

the TORC people just choose not to post here on RDC because they dont want to get into any pissing matches so they have stayed low key... THEY ALL READ IT !!... i know that for a fact ... RJ even has an account and posts here and there (but never to rebuttal another post)..... not many west coast media guys are wiling to go to the mid-west but there are some mid-west guys out there that do make their work public

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
A few weeks ago I made a post asking about TORC pictures/coverage after the TORC race at Perris Auto Speedway......

After a few days I got ZERO responses and still there were no pictures.....I then added to the thread and said that I had come to the conclusion that TORC media coverage SUCKS.....Now I wasnt taking a dig at the photographers that did cover the event by any means. I was taking a dig at the fact that there was NO COVERAGE being displayed hear nor anywhere.........

Of course all of a sudden people got an opinion and I got flamed by a couple of a-holes who essentially told me I was a free loading flatbiller looking for free content for my own site when in reality I am not and was not.....The reason I bring it up now is after this LOORRS race I cant keep up with all the coverage..ITS AWESOME! Picture after picture, video clips, news, reviews...its everywhere!

So now for the couple of flamers that jumped my SHIAT take a look at the RDC Shoutcourse Racing section and get a clue as to what I was talking about.....BTW I didnt hear one person, Media-Racer-Fan this last weekend say one good thing about TORC...I am seriously nuetral in all of this but from my perspective as a fan and rookie photog LOORRS is kicking some major racing series booty!

You can ask me about TORC. I have been to every race and have had a great experience every time. I'm pretty sure I post good things about TORC all the time. Did I mentioned that the racing has been spectacular this year in TORC between the best short course drivers in the world?

JoeyD23

Reaction
I gues I should be clear before it gets too crazy...I am nuetral, and your right I have nt been to a TORC event yet however I will be at PALA for sure...I am strictly talking from a media coverage standpoint...the TV brodcasts are so so and the photo and review coverage (atleast on RDC) has been rather dismal to say the least.....as is the case with all series I hope and want them all to do well, it just seems as if LOORRS has better media and event coverage. Thast all I am saying. It is obvious the racing is awesome with TORC as it is with LOORRS, I just wish we would have the pictures and stories here and other places like we do with Lucas. THATS ALL I AM SAYING........

BTW I cant wait for PALA! its my backyard and I have a feeling its going to be a bad ass race venue!!! Plus its pissing my mother in law off due to all the Motorcycle noise (she lives just behond the track in Rainbow) so I hope the trucks REALLY PISS HER OFF!!!! LMAO!!

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
I gues I should be clear before it gets too crazy...I am nuetral, and your right I have nt been to a TORC event yet however I will be at PALA for sure...I am strictly talking from a media coverage standpoint...the TV brodcasts are so so and the photo and review coverage (atleast on RDC) has been rather dismal to say the least.....as is the case with all series I hope and want them all to do well, it just seems as if LOORRS has better media and event coverage. Thast all I am saying. It is obvious the racing is awesome with TORC as it is with LOORRS, I just wish we would have the pictures and stories here and other places like we do with Lucas. THATS ALL I AM SAYING........

BTW I cant wait for PALA! its my backyard and I have a feeling its going to be a bad ass race venue!!! Plus its pissing my mother in law off due to all the Motorcycle noise (she lives just behond the track in Rainbow) so I hope the trucks REALLY PISS HER OFF!!!! LMAO!!
I think there are a lot more people posting on LOORS behalf than on TORC's behalf. I honestly say that is the biggest thing right now. The TV is getting better. I enjoyed Crandon. Others did not. Oh well, can't please everyone I guess. But I know Ricky and Mitch are working their butts off to put the best product out there as well as Lucas. Just think at the end of last year, we had nothing. Now we have TOO much. LOL

JoeyD23

Reaction
True that.......It is a real PITA to try and cover all of these race series but I would rather it be this way then no organized racing at all. I dont want to discredit anything that TORC is doing, I only wish the coverage was stronger here on the web, in print, and other forms of media. RDC can be a tough nut to crack but it is a powerhouse when it comes to information in the off road world and I think there is some strong value in TORC ensuring that they have media personel who cover the race and show RDC fans and other off road community fans a little love. Forums/online communities can and always will be a double edged sword, more bad can come than good if the cards arent played well......But all I am asking for is some pictures so my flat bill friends can copy and paste it everywhere..........I AM KIDDING! LOL Just would like to see all of the awesome racing in pictures and stories is all............

hoeker

Reaction
Torc had spectacular coverage on the web last weekend, much better than perris. heck, they put the entire pro-lite race on their site by sunday morning! how cool is that?

this site is obviously predominantly socal, that makes it in herantly Lucas biased. talk to the photog's that went to crandon, i heard nothing but good from them.

Mary Kay

PRINCESS
Reaction
i have not read the whole thread, i will later but here is a post from another thread, he is media. looks like he had a good time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASIT1
Yes this is very true and of all the tracks and races I've been to before the appreciation of the media has never been so apparent than in CRANDON... other series and tracks please take note. These are the most hospitable and appreciative people I have ever seen or met. They are actually glad you came to cover their event and make sure you have everything needed to endure a long day on the track ie: restrooms, drinks and food .The people of CRANDON are AWESOME! Thank You CRANDON..see you on Labor Day week.:cool:
Sorry this was a little off track but the point was Still Photographs are very Important and the people that take them.

Last edited:

JoeyD23

Reaction
Torc had spectacular coverage on the web last weekend, much better than perris. heck, they put the entire pro-lite race on their site by sunday morning! how cool is that?

this site is obviously predominantly socal, that makes it in herantly Lucas biased. talk to the photog's that went to crandon, i heard nothing but good from them.
i have not read the whole thread, i will later but here is a post from another thread, he is media. looks like he had a good time!

Quote:
Yes this is very true and of all the tracks and races I've been to before the appreciation of the media has never been so apparent than in CRANDON... other series and tracks please take note. These are the most hospitable and appreciative people I have ever seen or met. They are actually glad you came to cover their event and make sure you have everything needed to endure a long day on the track ie: restrooms, drinks and food .The people of CRANDON are AWESOME! Thank You CRANDON..see you on Labor Day week.:cool:
Sorry this was a little off track but the point was Still Photographs are very Important and the people that take them.

Fair enough....I will try to keep my eyes open a little more......

07FJRog

Reaction

Quote:
Joey never said that TORC treated the Media badly. he is just trying to find TORC event pics for all of us to view.

Do we have to go to the TORC website to find pics? If so that is pretty lame, IMO

yes Lucas has pics on thier website also, but it sure would seem that many more and sometimes better action pics are posted on here, via the awesome Photogs we have on RDC. :) like Ryan, Pappawheely, Lorenz. etc...

Rog

ryant35

Reaction
Joey never said that TORC treated the Media badly. he is just trying to find TORC event pics for all of us to view.

Do we have to go to the TORC website to find pics? If so that is pretty lame, IMO

yes Lucas has pics on thier website also, but it sure would seem that many more and sometimes better action pics are posted on here, via the awesome Photogs we have on RDC. :) like Ryan, Pappawheely, Lorenz. etc...

Rog
I appreciate being mentioned first...:D:D

Bridges

Senior Replay
Reaction
The only TORC coverage missing amigo is the coverage that happens "from" this site. It takes two weeks to know that there was even a TORC race. Especially now that the server directs to Home Page each time its obvious Loors owns the front page booty call..."Calm befoe the storm" day of, during etc.. It's the build up and the SALE of a product! Get it SALE! We're in the Lobby bro..It is bald face obvious bias but who cares, it's actually quite comical. Watch how long it takes for an actual "story" to post about Bark River or huge weekend coming in Crandon... or build up to or anything other than CORR I mean LOORS. lol Baldwinian tactics at play lock stock and barrel bro but hey who cares...web is as web does

Ka-Chow!

Kartman

Media Goon
Reaction
The only TORC coverage missing amigo is the coverage that happens "from" this site. It takes two weeks to know that there was even a TORC race. Especially now that the server directs to Home Page each time its obvious Loors owns the front page booty call..."Calm befoe the storm" day of, during etc.. It's the build up and the SALE of a product! Get it SALE! We're in the Lobby bro..It is bald face obvious bias but who cares, it's actually quite comical. Watch how long it takes for an actual "story" to post about Bark River or huge weekend coming in Crandon... or build up to or anything other than CORR I mean LOORS. lol Baldwinian tactics at play lock stock and barrel bro but hey who cares...web is as web does

Ka-Chow!
Buy me a plan ticket to Crandon and Ill spam the crap out of RDC with TORC coverage.

ryant35

Reaction
Buy me a plan ticket to Crandon and Ill spam the crap out of RDC with TORC coverage.
Me too. I'll do it from the track with my laptop!

pappawheely

O.G. Photo
Reaction
I would like in on that deal too!!!! We can't post pics cause we weren't there. I would love to go to any of the TORC races but I knew at the beginning of the season I would not have the travel budget to follow the entire season. There is no bias against TORC, Far from it, it's just simple economics. The sound of Huseman's truck at full song in the gravel pit must be insane! I think you critics and koolaid drinkers are reading way too much into this. This back and forth has degraded to the point where Ross negative repped me. How smart is that? I could crush you Ross. :D