I had the best time Racing Glen Helen short course!! Why aren't there more racers????

DiRtSuRfErS

The race at Glen Helen this weekend was GREAT! I was just wondering, why aren't there more racers?? Two 15 minute heats of racing for each class, 50% payback, low entries (racing & spectators) SO WHY NOT MORE INTEREST??? :confused:

XMOTORCR

Re: I had the best time Racing Glen Helen short course!! Why aren't there more racers

ken, i totally agree. i have more fun at the glen helen events then anywhere else i've raced. all the racers are friendly, and will help anyway they can. i try my hardest to spread the word, i see tons of positive things to come in this series.

dansparts

Re: I had the best time Racing Glen Helen short course!! Why aren't there more racers

The race at Glen Helen this weekend was GREAT! I was just wondering, why aren't there more racers?? Two 15 minute heats of racing for each class, 50% payback, low entries (racing & spectators) SO WHY NOT MORE INTEREST??? :confused:
For us it's a money thing. We only had enough to do 2 series (LOORRS andM4SX). I think that alot of teams/racers are tied to construction too, and with no buliding going on...no money....no racing.

Pro-Lite Brian

For us, it's a money thing too. Now if I could get everyone else in the class to agree on having no payback, that would drop the entry fees down inline with what we could swing $$$ wise.

07FJRog

Same here, $$, plus some events were the same as others also.

DiRtSuRfErS

If its the $$$ you are interested in Glen Hellen HAS THE BEST PAY BACK! Better than LOORRS or M4XS.

dansparts

If its the $$$ you are interested in Glen Hellen HAS THE BEST PAY BACK! Better than LOORRS or M4XS.
It's not the money you'll get after the race but the money before the race....race prep.....travel(gas)......entry fees.....etc. Plus it's hard to race Glen Helen one week then M4SX the next and then LOORRs the next. That's hard on pocket and the car week after week after week, plus being a working stiff...it's hard to find the time for all that race car prep'en.

alfenator

I raced there on the 13 of june #13 CLASS 12 BUGGY blew my motor but i still had fun the reason i cant race there all the time and im sure other people have the same problem is the cost, i know its cheaper then most races but 300.oo dollors is alot to us working stiffs it need s to be cheap like ror used to be no purse just trophys but it was real fun

DiRtSuRfErS

It tatste great & Its less filling!!!:D:D:D