I have a homework assignment for everyone on RDC.

green787

RDC Crypto
Website
realsound.us
I can't wait till Sunday.... 200mph.... Yachts in fake water....!!!! Formula One supermodels holding signs.....!!!!

Tom_Willis

RDC Crypto
" WIDE WORLD OF OFFROAD" Should be a weekly TV series. All venues have brought up the video and commentating quality to sustain that.
This^^^, but don't aim it at the current zombie generation. They aren't interested and can't be made interested.. Instead, aim it at the tens of millions of truck & suv owners. Every one of them dreams of being able to huck it, slam the guy in the next lane, or at least to do some cool mods to it. Look at the TV success of the PGA: they produce events that take place in scenic locations, with crowds able to cheer for their heroes, have an identifiable announcer (like PAB), and they have long-term sponsorship from corporations that have a distinct targeted audience; (investors, luxury cars, golf gear, travel & vacation). Offroad should be marketed to audiences interested in new trucks/suv's, performance parts, energy drinks, & offroad destination "adventures". This is a different beast than anything else, and most people don't know it exists. Its unique niche is that it's accessible to spectators and it's an adventure to attend. That is the pitch to get newbies to show up.

Advertising supports this site

pappawheely

O.G. Photo
RDC Crypto
Website
www.mikesracephoto.com
Is formula one regional? How many of you fell in love with off road racing the first time you saw it? I think the media has done a terrible job portraying our sport to the masses. One example was LOORRS. Watching a race from a scissor lift 40 feet in the air was boring. You couldn't hear the trucks for one thing. The other thing that I've see too many times is once there is a budget to produce TV they bring in a bunch of outsiders who don't know anything about the sport. I shot short course for many years. I'm looking through a lens the whole time. I know when there is a few laps to go, who is strong enough to make a move, and where they will make it. So many times, the camera guys were clueless. I remember watching a show on TV where the announcers were going "WHOOOO DID YOU SEE THAT! No, we didn't see anything because the camera person was watching something else. My other peve was with desert racing coverage. The producer thinks showing the lone truck heading off into the sunset is so romantic. BORING! Show the racing! Show drivers making miraculous saves so people understand it's hard. It's not like driving down the freeway sipping a big gulp. Flying dirt, up on two wheels, catching and nerfing a truck, jumps! It shouldn't be that hard. The problem has been filming from road crossings, in speed zones, and pit stops because the camera crews don't know what they are doing. Sorry if I ruffled some feathers, but everything I'm saying is true. Check out this photo and tell me what you see. I was on the opposite side of the track and saw it.

IMG_8398.JPG

SeanH.

RDC Crypto
Short course in its prime was the best show on dirt besides world of out laws, Ive said it time and time again but short course develops the best all around drivers. Dave needs to have a mega "fall crandon" style event at Wheatlands short course track. Rock guys, UTV's, and pro class short course trucks.

Desert racing is great but its not a spectator sport for the masses, its a spectator sport for the people of Baja and the people who somewhat know about it and watch Fish's show. If someone wants to make "off road" main stream it has to appeal to millions of people not thousands of or even hundreds of thousands. Hammers weekend is great but everyone there already loves the sport, thats why they drag there ass out to the middle of the desert for a week.

My father in law couldn't care less about motorsports but I showed him the F1 show on netflix and hes flying to Spain to see the race in a couple weeks, now that's mainstream.

AZ7000'

RDC Crypto
I had a challenging day today volunteering with youth that has zero eye-hand coordination, zero interpersonal skills, zero work ethic, zero aspirations of actually doing anything other than looking at a screen.

None of them has any aspirations of getting a license, getting a car, or getting a job, and none of them has any idea how they will house/feed/clothe themselves in 18 months when they become adults.
Duck yeah!!! Stereotyping is 100% the way to go. Don’t even get me started on Texas Cops!!! 🤣🤣😂 Sounds like your volunteering was just the positive influence that those kids in need will benefit from!

Here’s my kid this year…. Lazy piece of…

1652185612653.jpeg
1652185682314.jpeg
1652185797391.jpeg

Last edited:

whiteworks

RDC Crypto
Assume there is zero limitations/barriers....

Capital
Land
Insurance
Egos
Public Perception
True intrinsic value FOR and therefore investment FROM the supporting industy(S)
OEM involvement from Autos/UTV/Bikes
Mainstream 'love'

Promoters worked together, industry, racers, youth, media.

How could we profoundly grow the offroad culture? Not just racing.

Make offroading both generationally sustainable AND responsible.

For example....if offroading was mainstream accpeted AND responsible it would be 'cool' to dual purpose the land we use for energy generation (pipe line roads, solar farms, mines, watersheds) for recreation and investment.

My only request is acknowledge NO limits. Assume unlimited resources.

And take all individuals out of it.

Assume everyone was working together.

This is NOT an exercise in futility.

Ready...Set...Go
So the first thing I see here to address is the term “offroad culture”
You have 20 guys with trophy trucks, 100 guys with 4400’s, handfuls of other dudes with whatever class car they can afford or choose to run. The upperclassman are a rare breed, smart enough to hustle up the dough to play, and dumb enough to piss it away having the time of their lives 🤣

(Pronoun disclaimer, if anyones triggered, eat a dick) 👅

But the meat and potatoes of this “offroad culture” to me is the 600 dudes a day who are plopping down cash or signing on the bottom line to purchase a SXS, or the dude who talks his wife into driving a Jeep as the family truckster and then sneaks another $20k into mods, it’s the 20 year old kid who busts his ass for a down payment and is able to qualify for financing on that new wazoo KTM, it’s the family that has invested in specialized equipment that allows them to spend their weekends in remote places with other families, some creature comforts and the ability to go where most can’t, see amazing things, and safely return to do it all again. All the while instilling values in their children about common sense, self reliance, and the value of being outdoors together that these outings present.

IMO it’s not some racing class or purse that’s gonna get the job done here, this is about building the foundation of a love for the outdoors, beers, bbq, bullshit campfire stories with the boys, while the ladies are comfortable and enjoying themselves. If mama ain’t happy, ain’t no one happy.

You wrap your mellon around promoting that foundation and I think all the other things will fall into place😉 New 4x4 sales will rise, SXS sales will rise, RV sales will rise, motorcycle sales will rise, and those engaged in the game will progress to whatever levels they progress to.

Yes there is a financial buy in, presenting that buy in in the right light, creating a welcoming environment for that demographic, and promoting proper stewardship of the land in one nice bundle that’s profitable at the bottom line is what America is all about.

Btw, a supercross track at KOH next year would be cool, f*** it, while your at it a flat track, speedway bikes, and those moto mulisha dudes doing flips n poop, demolishin derby, rental car infield class, tractor pull, mud bog deal and some monster trucks for sport. For $25.00 I want it all Dave, go gettum tiger😂

F4C91870-8B05-440B-9E56-6C4DB07226C7.jpeg

green787

RDC Crypto
Website
realsound.us
I agree with the above post..... Kind of like how Guitar Center sells millions of guitars, and musical instruments, but very few become famous, or make a living playing their guitar.....

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
RDC Crypto
So the first thing I see here to address is the term “offroad culture”
You have 20 guys with trophy trucks, 100 guys with 4400’s, handfuls of other dudes with whatever class car they can afford or choose to run. The upperclassman are a rare breed, smart enough to hustle up the dough to play, and dumb enough to piss it away having the time of their lives 🤣

(Pronoun disclaimer, if anyones triggered, eat a dick) 👅

But the meat and potatoes of this “offroad culture” to me is the 600 dudes a day who are plopping down cash or signing on the bottom line to purchase a SXS, or the dude who talks his wife into driving a Jeep as the family truckster and then sneaks another $20k into mods, it’s the 20 year old kid who busts his ass for a down payment and is able to qualify for financing on that new wazoo KTM, it’s the family that has invested in specialized equipment that allows them to spend their weekends in remote places with other families, some creature comforts and the ability to go where most can’t, see amazing things, and safely return to do it all again. All the while instilling values in their children about common sense, self reliance, and the value of being outdoors together that these outings present.

IMO it’s not some racing class or purse that’s gonna get the job done here, this is about building the foundation of a love for the outdoors, beers, bbq, bullshit campfire stories with the boys, while the ladies are comfortable and enjoying themselves. If mama ain’t happy, ain’t no one happy.

You wrap your mellon around promoting that foundation and I think all the other things will fall into place😉 New 4x4 sales will rise, SXS sales will rise, RV sales will rise, motorcycle sales will rise, and those engaged in the game will progress to whatever levels they progress to.

Yes there is a financial buy in, presenting that buy in in the right light, creating a welcoming environment for that demographic, and promoting proper stewardship of the land in one nice bundle that’s profitable at the bottom line is what America is all about.

Btw, a supercross track at KOH next year would be cool, f*** it, while your at it a flat track, speedway bikes, and those moto mulisha dudes doing flips n poop, demolishin derby, rental car infield class, tractor pull, mud bog deal and some monster trucks for sport. For $25.00 I want it all Dave, go gettum tiger😂

View attachment 244520
Marking this post for a later date ;)

Prophetic this man is. Sorry if I chose the wrong identifier ;)