i have the solution, please disect and tell me where im wrong.....

BANNED4LIFE

SCORE preruns and marks the course using a COLORED gps.......when they are on a section that they want you to be directly on the line , the color is RED.....when it is a section that has MULTIPLE lines (like the matomi wash for instance) the color is BLUE, blue means you have 500 yards or something wide to take any line you want, (and at the end of the wash it turns back to RED, so everyone takes the same hard corner out of the wash so no early exit is allowed).......yes you have to have a COLORED gps either prerunning or racing so you know what is and IS NOT allowed.........if you dont want to EXPLORE other lines then just stay on the main line the whole time and you will be safe as a kitten.........there could be GREY to mean 100yards wide, or pink to be 200 yards wide and so on.......but when you get to sections that SCORE wants you ON the line it will be in RED........it seems like this could work......tell me why it wont.......

FlyHiFlyLo

Ace Mechanic
Hey that's an awesome idea man! For the non-color GPS systems issue... You could have solid/dashed/dotted lines... This will not matter if color or B&W GPS display. They could also have every turn identified with an entry/exit no pit zone also.

J Caster

Honda TRX700XX Pilot
Would have worked awesome for the 500! I bet the majority of the course deviation penalties would be gone.

Us racers need some clarification and this looks like a great start.

steve0we

SCORE preruns and marks the course using a COLORED gps.......when they are on a section that they want you to be directly on the line , the color is RED.....when it is a section that has MULTIPLE lines (like the matomi wash for instance) the color is BLUE, blue means you have 500 yards or something wide to take any line you want, (and at the end of the wash it turns back to RED, so everyone takes the same hard corner out of the wash so no early exit is allowed).......yes you have to have a COLORED gps either prerunning or racing so you know what is and IS NOT allowed.........if you dont want to EXPLORE other lines then just stay on the main line the whole time and you will be safe as a kitten.........there could be GREY to mean 100yards wide, or pink to be 200 yards wide and so on.......but when you get to sections that SCORE wants you ON the line it will be in RED........it seems like this could work......tell me why it wont.......
ok, first off stop with the common sence thinking. I need something to read at lunch and if we used common sence on RDC, I might have to go back to the news.

Common sence isnt that common nowadays!

partybarge_pilot

This is a good start.

One area that may need to be addressed soon is pit location and length of course skipped for pits....... We all know now that it must be at least 50' from the track. Whats to keep the enterprising team from setting up several pits in key locations to cut off sections?

Score- you deviated more than 50' from the course.
rider/driver- I was just doing a drive through visual inspection in My pits which were more than 50' off the course per Score rules........

Chase 2

Cr@p!! That's like three times in a week I've found myself agreeing with Pistola!

Joser1726

what if your co-driver is color blind?

Last edited:

Josh_Westwood

What gives Pete? Were you standing on the toilet seat in your bathroom hanging a clock on the wall when you slipped, hit your head, then came up with THE PLAN? Works for me.

M.Harvey1600

Cr@p!! That's like three times in a week I've found myself agreeing with Pistola!
I think i can see ur mullet geting longer!!!

What gives Pete? Were you standing on the toilet seat in your bathroom hanging a clock on the wall when you slipped, hit your head, then came up with THE PLAN? Works for me.
1.21 gigawatts of GPS power!

Fast Eddy

Maybe Sal will grow a mullet and feel the power of comon sense. Or did this have more to do with that dress you wore?

Chris_Wilson

The colors don't stay the same when I transfer my gps files around. I have to set them up manually after I load my trail. Maybe it's just the way I'm doing it but there needs to be more than just trail colors used for this.

How about a waypoint at the beginning and end of any section where it's allowed to go more than 50ft off the gps trail? And all either-or that are allowed should also have both choices as part of the gps map.

Also many of the course markers are either gone or have been altered by race day. And new lines get burned in after the course is marked resulting in lines with no wrong way's on them. How about eliminating course marking completely? Just use the gps.

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Not everybody has a GPS.....

bajafox

Accepted
I'm surprised PCI hasn't done this yet actually. The mounting might be a bit of a problem but I'm sure someone could fab up something generic for just about any car...

Maybe even a rent to own, rent the unit X amount of times and it's yours