• Forum membership has its advantages....

I keep getting a "Security Error" notice at the RDC website

Hendricus

RDC, I keep getting a "Security Error" notice. I get it on my android phone and on my Windows PC. It does not matter if I am visiting race-dezert.com logged-in with my user name, or as a visitor. I've been getting this notice for about a week now. Are you aware of this notice? I can grab a screen shot if that helps. Do you know how to correct this?

Hendricus

I keep clicking in, and I can get to the pages I want. Just read through Dakar Stage 6. The error message did not pop up at all. When I backed out and went to the forum index, it popped up again. Klaus, I share my experience in detail in an effort to help you debug.

NIKAL

No error messages, but the site is super slow, and has been for awhile now. This afternoon it was not bad, this evening it’s bad. It can take 30 sec to a minute for a page to load on RDC. I don’t have any issues on any other sites I go to, so I know it’s not my connection.

Klaus

Administrator
No error messages, but the site is super slow, and has been for awhile now. This afternoon it was not bad, this evening it’s bad. It can take 30 sec to a minute for a page to load on RDC. I don’t have any issues on any other sites I go to, so I know it’s not my connection.
The site uses cloudflare as our global CDN and about a week ago I fully committed all traffic that way. We where DDOS attacked for 2weeks+ straight and it got annoying hence the CDN switch. CDN offers better firewall filtering and ever since we went from 1000s of illegitimate forum visitors to 100s which is more in line with real visitors.
In theory going that route makes everything faster as most users will be "closer" to the servers.

I myself have a faster experience via CDN while some of my San Diego market friends report slower. Puzzling.

NIKAL

The site uses cloudflare as our global CDN and about a week ago I fully committed all traffic that way. We where DDOS attacked for 2weeks+ straight and it got annoying hence the CDN switch. CDN offers better firewall filtering and ever since we went from 1000s of illegitimate forum visitors to 100s which is more in line with real visitors.
In theory going that route makes everything faster as most users will be "closer" to the servers.

I myself have a faster experience via CDN while some of my San Diego market friends report slower. Puzzling.
Klaus, it took several minutes to open the RDC forum and to open this page just to see your comments. It’s quite painful. I do not have this issue with any other websites.

NIKAL

Working much, much better now. Thanks Klaus.

Hendricus

For me, RDC loads faster the past couple of days, and the annoying error message seems to be gone for good. Thank you Klaus. Now I can get back to the important work of following racing, race culture, and posting drivel.

GATRELL

Google chrome on my Verizon cell, same issue on PC. I can/will check a 3rd source(computer with local cable) see if its different.