I LOST MY TRAILER

MMMotorsports

Reaction
Website
www.yeahemme.com
Okay, this is a little weird but, here goes. I have lost my race trailer. I do not know where it is. I think...and this is just a guess...that my dad asked someone to park it for us at the beginning of the 'Rona but he has no recollection of who that person is. Hey, he's 80 years old. At any rate, does anyone have my trailer? I'm at emmedrives@gmail.com or I'll be at the MORE race June 5 in Lucerne in 1317, pitting with the COPS team.
Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 2.54.41 PM.png

MMMotorsports

Reaction
Website
www.yeahemme.com
I know. The long story is I was living in NorCal and the trailer was at a Pal #1's house in Barstow since I didn't have a place to park it. Pal #1 moved to Idaho so my dad dropped the trailer off at another Pal #2's house in Phelan. I have since moved and have room for the trailer but when I called Pal #2 he said that someone came by and got it. Apparently my dad told this Mysterious Stranger to move it. Pal #2 no longer lives at the house and doesn't remember who Mysterious Stranger was. I've driven by Pal #2's house and the trailer definitely isn't there. I don't think Pal #2 is a thief. I think dad actually told someone to go get the trailer but I wasn't in on the conversation. The car, fortunately, was not in the trailer and I ran a title check and I am still the registered owner of the trailer. At least that's one thing good, right? But yes...this is a stupid situation to be in.

jon coleman

Reaction
w0w, that is a pickle, this scenario is the Perfect reason to get that gps thingy i read in another be on the look out story, good luck on its recovery👍

Josh 8

Reaction
Yeah. That’s sucks for you when the trailer is your one and only.
But trust me. This happens more then you would ever think. We have a trucking company and with hundreds of trailers. It shocking how often we loose a trailer. Some times for years. Usually they show up on a job site when it’s finishing up and the general contractor has to give the project over, finished to the owner. That’s why there gps’s sold for this type of thing.

MMMotorsports

Reaction
Website
www.yeahemme.com
Yeah. That’s sucks for you when the trailer is your one and only.
But trust me. This happens more then you would ever think. We have a trucking company and with hundreds of trailers. It shocking how often we loose a trailer. Some times for years. Usually they show up on a job site when it’s finishing up and the general contractor has to give the project over, finished to the owner. That’s why there gps’s sold for this type of thing.
Well at least I know the pros can lose a trailer too! 🤣🤣🤣

JDDurfey

Reaction
We have "misplaced" trailers and even a whole tractor trailer rig in the oil field. We had a trailer show up a year ago that had been missing for 3 years. Rigs move and once they are gone the landmark is gone too so it is difficult to find the rigs sometimes. So even when we send people out to look for equipment and we know where it was last used they can't find it.
Hope you get your rig back.

E.Hagle

Reaction
I get mad at people for misplacing tools in the garage...

You should try and go look through the phone records and pin point any outgoing calls that your dad made. Being 80 I’m sure he isn’t making too many strange calls. Find out about when he made the call and start digging. Verizon has a log online, I’m sure every phone company is the same.

MMMotorsports

Reaction
Website
www.yeahemme.com
I get mad at people for misplacing tools in the garage...

You should try and go look through the phone records and pin point any outgoing calls that your dad made. Being 80 I’m sure he isn’t making too many strange calls. Find out about when he made the call and start digging. Verizon has a log online, I’m sure every phone company is the same.
Oh that's a great suggestion! Thanks!!!

johndjmix

Reaction
I know it’s lte to say but GPS everything! Then when it’s get lost or stolen you can find it.

Been doing this since when it cost $100 a month per vehicle.

It’s funny when somethings stolen and out of nowhere the police and you show up in force. They can never think of how you found them.

—john

AZ7000'

Reaction
$40/month, got to charge it though...

Some features of the Invoxia Cellular GPS Tracker:
Intelligent tracking and detailed journey history
Anti-theft, motion and tilt alerts
Customizable geofencing (set unlimited zones)
Up to 4 months between charges
1 Year subscription included to 4G LTE-M networks, then only $39.90/year
Weighs only 1 oz. & is discreet and concealable

This video by TwoWheelObsession over on YouTube gives a pretty good overview:

A special offer for the HondaTrail community!​

Until the end 30th of June if you enter HONDATRAIL15 at checkout on Invoxia.com/us and you'll get 15% off your order.

Our website: Invoxia GPS Tracker - Invoxia

If you have any questions, I'm happy to answer them!

-Matt

MMMotorsports

Reaction
Website
www.yeahemme.com
I know it’s lte to say but GPS everything! Then when it’s get lost or stolen you can find it.

It’s funny when somethings stolen and out of nowhere the police and you show up in force. They can never think of how you found them.

—john
Yeah, lesson learned for sure.

Robin Hood

Reaction

—john
$100 month? Maybe worth it for some stuff, but it's way cheaper just to insure the trailer and covers a lot more than theft.