I need a 1 inch die

WFODAN

Reaction
I need a one inch die for a desert tool bender . Everywhere I've went , they are out of them . I will pay to rent yours for a week , or I will buy it if you have one to sell . I need it ASAP as we are hanging the new glass on the race truck starting Sunday 3/23 so it will be ready for the 4/05 MDR race . Thanks for any help .

Dan Vance

tedmales

Reaction
harbor freight sells a tubing bender thats a floor model that bends 1 " like a champ. it cheap like $75 and if you make a longer handle it will bend .095 and even .120 if you give her hell. i used one forever and even after i got a 1" die i still use the hf bender for 1" because its easier and faster.

life is too short to be small

tedmales

Reaction
i just looked and could not find one on thier website, but if you have a local store you could look. has a stand and it sits one the floor, looks like most tubing benders but on its side. will see if i can get a pic if your interested

life is too short to be small

WFODAN

Reaction
The die that I need is for a desert tool bender . Sorry , but the harbor freight one won't work . Tims bender is not a desert tool model , so his won't work either .

Dan Vance

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
I will pay double whatever Dan will pay you NOT to rent him the bender :)

Race-Dezert Anonymous - Step #1:
"Hello, my name is Jason. And I'm a Race-Dezertaholic."

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Does anyone know if JD2 Dies will work with a Dezert Tool bender?!?!?!?!?

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

dirtydezracer

Reaction
Dan/Austin,

If the JD2 dies will work with that bender, pm me and we can figure something out.

--Paul

Drive vigorously, break, repair, repeat.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Well we have a 1" JD2 Die that we'll try tomorrow I was just wondering if anyone knew if it will work or not.

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

drtdevil93

Reaction
jason: too funny dude. ill pitch in with you! to me dans truck is just one more slow truck to pass. JK!!

erik

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
Did you all get the die problem fiqured out? If not I could bring you my hydro set up, if you need to for nothing more than a few cocktails.

"Everything you do is triggered by an emotion of either desire or fear."

motoxscott

Reaction
Dan since you're in HB, I'm sure Jerry will let you use his bender for the right price ............... :)

Oh man I cant wait until the next MDR race !!!

-Scott

drtdevil93

Reaction
like always, im broke at the worst times. ive been spending literally all my money and time to putting it together, and im just now getting somewhere. Im doing this alone (i have a helper on the weekend, but its just a buddy of mine, not a skilled fabricator like fish :p), and on a very tight budget. ill probably register tomorrow. and like usual for me, i just wing it. if its possible for me to make it, i will.

erik

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Dan come by and use our bender. I have whatever you need. Just dont lower your Ranger in front of my shop it makes to much noise. PSSSSSSssssssssssssstttt. reeee reeee psssssssst.

If you did not know Dan drives a 98 Ranger on air bags and it is very loud. It has 8 switches and goes side to side and $h)!