I need paddles for a ranger

billymanfroy

Reaction
Looks like I'm heading to Pismo with a bunch of friends this weekend. Does anyone have any paddle tires they want to loan out or sell?!? I've never driven in the sand, so any help would be appreciated. If the truck stays together, everyone gets a ride. Even if you have some that aren't mounted I'm interested.

We're having a fishing derby also. $10 in the pot for biggest fish, and $10 in the pot for 1st fish. Looks like at least 8-10 people entered so far. Probably about 20 all told in the group from what I hear. Good times!!!8br />
Billy

singlehanded

Reaction
I found last year before going to glamis, I bought some paddletraks, but wasnt able to find some wide rims to run them on before we went. When I got there I just aired down my 33 bfg muds and had no problems even for my first time in sand it just takes some getting used too. I sold the paddletraks and wont buy new paddles or have any made till my motors got 250+ hp, I was flying by one ranger with big paddles looked like 33's maybe. Just my experience I would olve to hear what everyone else thinks.

NorCal_Prerunner

Reaction
Billy,

I have driven Pismo a bunch of times in the silver underpowered Yota, 33 MudTAs aired way down. Not a problem. You should be fine. What days are you going to be there. I'll tell my bros down there to keep an eye out for you.

billymanfroy

Reaction
Thanks guys, I've been there years ago and rented a Pilot, but I have no idea what to expect in a race truck.

My problem is, I run the kevlar Goodyears with the aquatread-looking street pattern so I have no lugs for traction. Plus the sidewalls are so stiff, I think I can drive on them with no air in them. I do have a set of 6 35" MTRs, but they aren't mounted. Hmmmm. Guess I'll have to wing it.

Looks like we're going down on Friday night or Early Saturday and spending the night.

Billy

martininsocal

Reaction
Billy- no tread will work, but you gotta have flexi-sidewalls. With no tread, the tires will spin instead of digging for the bottom, helps preventing the stuck problem. You just gotta maintain your speed when approaching uphills. Have fun!