I need pictures of the old Larry Minor class 8 chevy

Mark Newhan

Reaction
I am thinking about building a vintage class 8 truck to race in the NORRA Mexican 1000 as well as other race series that are looking at vintage races. Help a brother out:D

P.S.

I am looking for suspension and bare chasis pic's. I have several of it in action.

Thanks

Last edited:

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
Are you looking for close up suspension photos or all around pics? I have a few but they aren't very detailed. These are from the RDC Old School album.

Attachments

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
Never mind, looks like you edited you post after I found thses photos. Sorry, no suspension pics.

scottm

Reaction
Thats a handsome truck! When did it race?

Reaction
Isn't that around a '83 grill insert?

Mark Newhan

Reaction
It raced until 1988. It was then "updated" by the minors with a late model body... you might have seen it in a video, it was white and did a horrendous endo. I believe it was at an ROR event.

GARY HOUGH

"That's Right!"
Reaction
Hey heres larrys office number either 909 or 951 654 7311 he probley has pic pm me 4his cell number

Mark Newhan

Reaction
Cool, thanks. I knew Larry Gene from way back!

GARY HOUGH

"That's Right!"
Reaction
Lg i think wadded the truck in mex broke his leg it ended all racing

5racer

Reaction
if you need criss minors number you can pm me he would probably know more about that truck than Larry or frog.or the Taylors would know they owned it for awhile

PBR

Reaction
mark - if you want pics of belden's old chevy race truck i can arrange for you to come up and look at it or i can take pics for you. it is one of dave westhems old rigs from the same era.

Mark Newhan

Reaction
Lance, It is pretty rough in the sheetmetal department. I post some up after I get it, should be Friday or Saturday.

Ollie, I know that truck well. The Miller truck was the first truck to have a tubular subframe and a fourlink. As I read the rules a person is allowed to build a replica truck. It is still being sorted out.

Ramsey,

What truck does andy have? There were several chevy trucks from the era that were built nice. Who owned it?

Lance T

Reaction
Lance, It is pretty rough in the sheetmetal department. I post some up after I get it, should be Friday or Saturday...
Cool, I wish my friend still had his Conner built Nissan 720 for this race.

Old School 8

Reaction
I belive Larry Minor also had a blue Chevy class 8, that was built by Walker Evans.

That truck, was a first to have coil spring buckets on the frame, for coils mounted on the inner rear link bars, similiar to the stock Chevy design of the 70's.

Mark Newhan

Reaction
I belive Larry Minor also had a blue Chevy class 8, that was built by Walker Evans.

That truck, was a first to have coil spring buckets on the frame, for coils mounted on the inner rear link bars, similiar to the stock Chevy design of the 70's.
Same truck. I remember the old Blazer that matched. Jon Nelson worked for Walker at the time and moved to Minors.

5racer

Reaction
Lg i think wadded the truck in mex broke his leg it ended all racing
frog wadded it at lucern at it was kyle taylor that was loony for a bit frog hurt his back pretty good so dad pulled the plug and sold everything to the taylors.

TRichards

Reaction
Sorry to hijack but this looks like the place for vintage truck rebuilds. I picked up the old John Johnson S-10 which he sold to the Steeles and am in the process of bringing it back to life. Hope to work on it a lot this summer.

Attachments