I need royalty free pictures for an article I'm writing about Baja racing heritage

JayQC

My girlfriend and 3 friends of her operate a decently popular blog about heritage and history.

Their main goal is to focus on what heritage is, in all of it's forms, and find it in places where people don't think there is any, or never bothered to look.

So I'm writing an article about the Baja 1000 for the 50th.

I will be using some pictures from Trackside Photos (legally, of course), but I'd like to see what the community itself can bring to the table in picture form.

What I'm mostly looking for :

- Family pictures that includes your family's racing car, or pictures of parents and their kids working on the car or just plain haulin ass.

- Pictures that have to do with the Baja community, local residents and how the race positively impacts them from one generation to another.

- Famous recurring Baja racing landmarks like Mike's ranch, coco's corner, etc.

Here is a definition of what is considered heritage according to a canadian historical authority :

"Heritage is said of any object, place, or ensemble, whether material or immaterial that is loaded with recognized meaning, and is collectively transmitted."

If you think your pictures fit this definition somehow, vintage pictures or not, and don't mind me using them (I will credit everyone), then please share and write something about them if you want.

Now, I know I can find a bunch of them using google images since I'm a huge fan of desert racing, I know names, places, what to look for, and who to google, but few of them are royalty free, and it's not always clear who I have to ask to obtain permission. Plus anyone can find these pictures, so I'm not going to do this the easy way of just stealing a bunch of great pictures and cross my fingers that no one stumbles on the article later.

This is about the people and racers of Baja, and it would be amazing that the majority of the pictures I use come directly from them.

bajafox

Accepted
I will be chasing for a TT spec and will gladly provide some pictures after the race. Might have to remind me though.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Hello JayQC - My family has a long Baja history, starting with the first race in 1967. I have a few photos and articles should you or your girlfriend be interested.

JayQC

I will be chasing for a TT spec and will gladly provide some pictures after the race. Might have to remind me though.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Unfortunately, I'll be posting the article on time for the 50th. Thanks a million though, good luck out there and chase safe

Hello JayQC - My family has a long Baja history, starting with the first race in 1967. I have a few photos and articles should you or your girlfriend be interested.
I am very interested!

Send me an email at this address : corner_cut AT hotmail DOT com, or if you can, post the pictures in this thread with a quick explanation of each picture!

Gracias