I now know why people are buggy dorks!

Dezertpilot

Just want to give a big thanks to Dale and Brett Lenk, went testing with them for the 500 in Barstow today. I now know why people are buggy dorks:D Doing 75 mph up to s/f was pretty exhilarating to say the least! Then we made a left at the first wash and was doing a steady 50-55mph through some rough stuff. Penhall builds a nice 1 car thats for sure. Just wanted to share with the desert community that I had an awesome day:)

M.Harvey1600

i think another player is coming over from the dark side!!! buggies are where its at!!! where is nimmy to back me up??? im a buggy dork for life!!! haha

good stuff im glad u had a good time in barstow, if u can make ur car work there it will work phenominal anywhere u race!!!

nimrod

KOOK!
I don't know how many times I'm gonna have to say this.....
Trucks are for towing Race Cars!​

Who wants to drag around a big ol pumpkin smashing it on giant rocks and plowing huge trenches through the silt anyways????

Personally I dig the big ol trenches down the middle of the silt. That way I can run the middle line with one side and run 1 wheel off on the other side in my lighter, more nimble, not as wide as a flippin tank Buggy!

BUGGY DORK FOR LIFE!

You ever see a Formula 1 car with a truck body bolted on......Or a world of outlaws with a truck body.........NO.......Your either a race car or your a truck, there ain't no in between.....

Now I've really gone and done it huh????

I will be at the 500 cheering like a mad man for the #16 trophy TRUCK to whoop everyone, including the buggies.......Sorry.......I'm a buggy dork and a Nimrod.....

M.Harvey1600

I don't know how many times I'm gonna have to say this.....
Trucks are for towing Race Cars!​

Who wants to drag around a big ol pumpkin smashing it on giant rocks and plowing huge trenches through the silt anyways????

Personally I dig the big ol trenches down the middle of the silt. That way I can run the middle line with one side and run 1 wheel off on the other side in my lighter, more nimble, not as wide as a flippin tank Buggy!

BUGGY DORK FOR LIFE!

You ever see a Formula 1 car with a truck body bolted on......Or a world of outlaws with a truck body.........NO.......Your either a race car or your a truck, there ain't no in between.....

Now I've really gone and done it huh????

I will be at the 500 cheering like a mad man for the #16 trophy TRUCK to whoop everyone, including the buggies.......Sorry.......I'm a buggy dork and a Nimrod.....

classic... whenever i tell people I race off road they automatically think i race i WHITE fender RANGER or TOYOTA..

they dont realize that besides a trophy truck a buggy is the fastest thing out there, way faster than any other truck class!!!

Dezertpilot

classic... whenever i tell people I race off road they automatically think i race i WHITE fender RANGER or TOYOTA..

they dont realize that besides a trophy truck a buggy is the fastest thing out there, way faster than any other truck class!!!
When I tell people I race offroad they think dune buggy LOL!

M.Harvey1600

When I tell people I race offroad they think dune buggy LOL!
i'd rather b a dune hoppin buggy than a tweaker truck any day of the week!!! haha

see im from the 909 bro area so its tweakers and there wanna b prerun trucks... gets on my nerves!!! thats wut some people think is offroad racing, even the prerunner guys!!!

Dezertpilot

idk if it's just me but my 5-16 has done 65 down s/f in barstow??
Yeah I have been 3rd gear tapped in a 5-1600 down Barstow Main and it was scary:eek:

Dezertpilot

Matt Stevens

What about 5th....in my 12 car
now days the question is what is a truck and what is a buggy. if you take a class 10 car and ductape a truck body on it you can race 7200 or 6. and what about the mid-engine trophy trucks with mendeola transaxles. and lets not even discuss truggies. The only differance between buggy dorks and truck guys now days is if you bought your body from fiberwerx or bent it up yourself. just my 2c

Dezertpilot

The buggies I think can be scarier because the engine is in the rear and can carry the momentum forward. Hey Kevin I dont know why dont u take me for a ride 5th gear pinned so I can compare:)

Fourstroker

The buggies I think can be scarier because the engine is in the rear and can carry the momentum forward. Hey Kevin I dont know why dont u take me for a ride 5th gear pinned so I can compare:)
You never asked...I love CL by the way

It would be about the same speed as the ML 1 car that you went but much more on the edge. I am sure theire car would go faster than that too

<<<<< Also big time Buggy Dork

Dezertpilot

You never asked...I love CL by the way

It would be about the same speed as the ML 1 car that you went but much more on the edge. I am sure theire car would go faster than that too

<<<<< Also big time Buggy Dork
He said he could have pushed it much harder but really why. Let me know when you go testing Ill bring a 12 pack:) Much more on the edge? OH man LOL:eek:

Fourstroker

He said he could have pushed it much harder but really why. Let me know when you go testing Ill bring a 12 pack:) Much more on the edge? OH man LOL:eek:
Depends on how tight you can hold on and how close to the middle of the track we go. Also I am sure you felt how cush the 1 car was at that speed. 12 car not quite as much cush. Still not beating the crap out of you like a 1600 but different.

Dezertpilot

Depends on how tight you can hold on and how close to the middle of the track we go. Also I am sure you felt how cush the 1 car was at that speed. 12 car not quite as much cush. Still not beating the crap out of you like a 1600 but different.
It SOAKED it up:)