"I Spanked Carl" - Todd LeDuc

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
Good stuff. That's awesome

eric2448

Didnt seem like Todd had much for Carl in round 7 til he blew a tire. Todd's comment about 'better drivers' is total crap... IMO, yeah TORC has more of the seasoned drivers than LOORS but that doesnt mean that the racing in TORC is any better than LOORS or vice versa... The majority of fans flock to this sport for the competition and action, most newcomers (fans) would say Todd who? lol :p:rolleyes::D;):cool:

MeFirst

Can’t we all just get along?

LORRS – For every veteran like Whelchel or Renezeder you have some crazy fast noob like Bryce Menzies or Robby Woods. Then you throw in the guys like Adler, Probst, Brascho, Mike Johnson, Rodrigo, Bobby Earl, Deegan, Cuffaro, Coyne, Wardy, Sourapas, etc. One of the great things with this series is all the technical tracks. These guys are forced to learn how to control the truck. TORC tracks are improving with the changes at Bark River and Crandon but I think LORRS tracks will help the best drivers rise to the top more than the biggest motors.

TORC – How deep is Pro2? How would you like to be in 3rd place, hanging on to a podium spot, with Scott Taylor, Mike Oberg, Jeremy McGrath, Evan Evans, Dan Vandenheuvel, Ross Hoek, etc. lined up on your bumper? And don’t forget about Doug Fortin, Keith Steele (running the limited motor no less), Mark Jenkins, Baudoux, Wandahsega, etc. And of course there’s a couple guys named Ricky Johnson and Rob MacCachren – maybe you’ve heard of them. And Pro4 – Greaves, Huseman, Douglas, LeDuc x2 – enough said.

I think it would be interesting to see more of the guys crossing over. Brandt has been pretty consistent in both series. Adler is way faster in LORRS than TORC. Probst has been running up front in the Midwest for years but is really struggling in LORRS. Brascho was competitive with the top guys when he raced in the Midwest but is struggling against some of the same guys in LORRS. Hopefully we will see some of the LORRS guys at Crandon.

Overall, I’d give a slight edge to TORC because of how deep some of the classes are. But anyone who acts like the LORRS series is JV is mistaken. And LORRS may be developing young drivers better. How many TORC pro’s are under 35? Currie, Kyle and Todd…is that it?

ryant35

Didnt seem like Todd had much for Carl in round 7 til he blew a tire. Todd's comment about 'better drivers' is total crap... IMO, yeah TORC has more of the seasoned drivers than LOORS but that doesnt mean that the racing in TORC is any better than LOORS or vice versa... The majority of fans flock to this sport for the competition and action, most newcomers (fans) would say Todd who? lol :p:rolleyes::D;):cool:
How many times has Carl kept the lead and won the race with a blown tire? I've never seen Carl lose a tire and not still be a contender. So I think beating Carl, tire or no tire is still worth being excited about.

ryant35

And Carl does respect younger guys when they do beat him...

This was at CORR Chula Vista last year, the first time Kyle LeDuc beat him on his victory lap.

eric2448

How many times has Carl kept the lead and won the race with a blown tire? I've never seen Carl lose a tire and not still be a contender. So I think beating Carl, tire or no tire is still worth being excited about.
Yeah, I remember a few times where Carl won with a flat, but from what I remember, he normally had a pretty good lead. I think its great that the LeDucs came out and won. I was hoping to hear them be a little more humble and not blast the series, Im sure they were welcomed and treated well... they even got to keep all the decals on their trucks...

onekbajaracer

Yeah, I remember a few times where Carl won with a flat, but from what I remember, he normally had a pretty good lead. I think its great that the LeDucs came out and won. I was hoping to hear them be a little more humble and not blast the series, Im sure they were welcomed and treated well... they even got to keep all the decals on their trucks...

Eric, I could not agree more with you. There is something to be said about being humble.

LOORRS IS A CLASS ACT. they gave the LeDucs their props on their website.
"LEDUC BROTHERS DOMINATE AT ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINK'S LUCAS OIL OFF ROAD RACE IN LAKE ELSINORE"

ragracin

I dont think Todd said anything about being treated bad or that he didn't like the Lucas series. He pretty much said Hey I beat your top guy and in the Torc series I have to fight to be in the top three. Sure it is a little bit of a poke at Carl trying to lure him to a Torc race saying hey come defend yourself. If you want to be the man you have to beat the man. I think Todd would like people to know that he went out to Lucas and beat Carl. People who follow Torc in the midwest may not know that he beat Carl. Nothing was said about how they feel about the Lucas series. Yes he said that Torc has a deeper field of better drivers but with him going out and beating every one he may have some ground to stand on.

pappawheely

O.G. Photo
I think that in TORC or LOORS anyone can win. There is lots of skill involved but luck matters too. Not saying Todd was lucky, he is a damn good driver just that both series are so competitive that any opening that presents itself has three guys right there to take a win. Look at the season Rick and Johnny are having. When Rick has a bad race Johnny scoops it up and Kyle's right there too. I'm glad we have two series that are delivering top notch action for the fans and attracting good sponsors. Carl's record speaks for itself, when there was only one series he was spanking everyone. ;)

eric2448

I dont think Todd said anything about being treated bad or that he didn't like the Lucas series. He pretty much said Hey I beat your top guy and in the Torc series I have to fight to be in the top three. Sure it is a little bit of a poke at Carl trying to lure him to a Torc race saying hey come defend yourself. If you want to be the man you have to beat the man. I think Todd would like people to know that he went out to Lucas and beat Carl. People who follow Torc in the midwest may not know that he beat Carl. Nothing was said about how they feel about the Lucas series. Yes he said that Torc has a deeper field of better drivers but with him going out and beating every one he may have some ground to stand on.
Im just saying that I didnt see any need for him to rip on anything about the series, but he chose to rip on the drivers, the same drivers who have put on a great show for the fans all season long. I didnt say anything about him ripping on how they were treated or not liking the series, I was just suggesting that they had to find something about the series to rip on because maybe it wasnt as bad as they thought; or maybe that was him being humble and holding his tounge:confused: BTW last time I checked, Carl wasn't undefeated in LOORS, even before Todd and Kyle beat him. I know one of the LeDuc boys is on this forum, I would like to hear their honest outsiders opinion of LOORS if either of them happen to read this...

BoothPacific Films

You might be analyzing it a little too much.... I think it was more of a racer's friendly jab at Carl, and has nothing against LOORS.
i'd agree. Carl should be honored that Todd is using him as the benchmark so to speak. I think it's more Todd having fun than actual s^&t talking especially when you have your wife interviewing you.

eric2448

If he would have just talked about beating Carl and not touch on the "Who has better drivers" subject, there wouldnt be much to discuss on the subject.

Pro-Lite Brian

If he would have just talked about beating Carl and not touch on the "Who has better drivers" subject, there wouldnt be much to discuss on the subject.

Why are you beating this to death, you don't even go to the races! Chill out, There isn't a competetive driver out there that wouldn't be EXTREMELY proud to have beat Carl, especially on his own turf! Another day, and it would be Carl spanking Todd! That's the nature of the beast. With confidence comes swagger... Rivalries are nothing but good for the sport!