I suck at electrical stuff!!!

singlehanded

Reaction
heres some shots of the mechanism that detects the clutch being down so you can start the truck. I got it rigged right now but need to wire it right. There is 6 wires in a line and plastic piece that when its up the circuit is closed, but when it is down the circuit is open and the truck starts. Do I need to cut and connect the wires if so which ones to which ones. If there is a better way let me know. I really dont know where to begin! By the way if you didnt read any of the other posts I have a 94 ranger 4.0 manual that I switched to an auto c-4 w/manual valvebody. And yes its running(finally) and the shifter linkage is hooked up should be drivable monday. It was a I think it will take me 3 days to swap it,turning into 3 weeks. OH WELL, I LEARNED A LOT............

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

singlehanded

Reaction
close up

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

ntsqd

Reaction
Can't help on which wires to jumper as I'm not familiar with Ranger color codes. More than likely the switch closes a circuit, not opens it. If you have a test light you can figure out which wire is bringing in power by popping the plug off the switch. Look for the wire with power only when cranking.

Judging by the number of wires the truck was either wired for cruise control, or has it.

TS

I used swerve around my halucinations, now I drive right thru them.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Jump the pinks...or go to ford and get the plug that goes into that for the autos and bypasses that thing altogether. I may be able to get you one of the plugs tomorrow if you want it.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

singlehanded

Reaction
yes it had cruise control until I installed my momo steering wheel.Kris that would be cool. I going to have the truck towed to the baja shop on monday for new crossmember for radius arms and transmission mount.