• Forum membership has its advantages....

I think it's time for a Racers Union

buckwild

I think it's time for a Racers Union.I don't like that sanctioning bodies and promoters just make stuff up as they want it or influenced by manufacturers how we are going to race that's not right. I suggest the formation of a Racers Union so Racers have a say in the rules scheduling classes and not just be forced to do with promoters and sanctioning body say. The racers should have input in everything because without the racers there be no racing so why shouldn't they have a say in how it's done UTV is biggest class now

JoeyD23

We did this 5-6-7 years ago. It was called the International SXS Association (ISA) and the industry rejected it. 5 very influential UTV industry guys got together. Formed a 401c, drafted a full set of legit racing rules, identified class structure, drew up a fantastic set of bylaws and the whole 9. Then When it came time for people to pony up $50 to join the organization so that we could push to the next level, the sport went crickets. Gonna be tough to find a group as solid as ours to do this again without money being the driving force. We were way ahead of our time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack

We did this 5-6-7 years ago. It was called the International SXS Association (ISA) and the industry rejected it. 5 very influential UTV industry guys got together. Formed a 401c, drafted a full set of legit racing rules, identified class structure, drew up a fantastic set of bylaws and the whole 9. Then When it came time for people to pony up $50 to join the organization so that we could push to the next level, the sport went crickets. Gonna be tough to find a group as solid as ours to do this again without money being the driving force. We were way ahead of our time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was also done 10 years ago and 15 years ago and so on and so on.

Once you been around long enough most learn to let the promoters do there job and you show up to whatever event you want.

Total Loss

Sounds like stick and ball sports.
Eventually they end up taking a knee...and losing market share.

JoeyD23

A racers union or industry wide association does not just have affects on racing. With enough membership and power it can lend its voice to land use issues and more. It can help improve safety, unify rule sets for series' ran all over the nation and world, and help with rider education and overall sport growth. The problem is, the off-road community just does not like to be bothered with real issues. They want to go and enjoy their hobby and simply bitch and complain when stuff gets taken away from them or changed.

mgobaja

There was a group in the late 90's - SUMMIT - they tried some things. but soon found out it was like herding cats when they would try to get racers to work towards a common goal as a group.

dbq61537

Go ask the NASCAR guys, how Big Bill France Sr, handled an attempted, drivers union...

Big Bill won in, something like twenty minutes.

Sent from my iPad using race-deZert

Go ask the NASCAR guys, how Big Bill France Sr, handled an attempted, drivers union...

Big Bill won in, something like twenty minutes.

Sent from my iPad using race-deZert
There is only one NASCAR. We have numerous off road racing orgs. Big difference if these guys could actually organize and boycott a specific promoter to get changes made in a particular series.

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
Which desert promoters have deep enough pockets to withstand a boycott?

Lucas in short course, maybe?

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
RN may, but does SCORE? GE has lots of money, but it cut off Monkey Ward when the latter failed to meet profit objectives.