I wanna race 1600 - need some direction

Iggle

Reaction
Hey guys,

I'm sure this thread has been posted a bunch. I looked but couldn't really find anything.

What's a good car? Have there been any major changes to chassis design etc that would justify buying a new/newer car? Or are the older used ones for sale sufficient to go out and have fun and get experience?

What brand car/components would you recommened? I'm looking for a 2 seater.

Thanks for your help.

Iggy

BigBoyBlue

Reaction
Kreger Fab 1600 cars are probable some of the best built. Not to mention, Derek Kreger goes to practically all the SNORE races to check the cars he built as they pit. Good support, great performing car, and very well built.

J.COLEMAN

Reaction
Kreger Fabrication builds one of the best, toughest 1600 race cars there is! Alot has changed in the last decade to improve reliability etc... so if you are willing spend the money and get the Kreger, its worth it! You can have fun in any car but you will have more fun in a great working car!

Attachments

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction
For my money I say buy a proven car, it won't make you win but at least you know it's you and not the car.

1600 is a gnarly class and not for the weak of heart.

I love 2 seaters but they can be hard to come by and I'm not sure there have been many that have been winning lately. The 2 seater we used to win in is in Cabo now as is the one Caleb Wyatt won the overall title in.

Bean has been slaughtering the comp and is a fabricator and driver who does a lot of testing with FOX so maybe call him to build you one of you want to start from scratch.

I drove an epic 12 car from Moulton Fab last year and he builds one hell of a car. Kreger, Lothringer, Bunderson et all will be solid. In 1600 its set up and driver

TreyP

"F" you Bill
Reaction
Bean has been slaughtering the comp and is a fabricator and driver who does a lot of testing with FOX so maybe call him to build you one of you want to start from scratch.
A little bird told me that 16/12 car may be on the market soon. It is one tough proven car.
To start unless you have too much cash laying around, I would go with a proven used car and then after you get your feet wet have one built.

harleys dad

Reaction
I have a proven single seat if you are interested,

Martin

Reaction
Buy a car with a dual port engine, micro stubs, by-pass shocks. 1600 is a great class to learn in lots of fast drivers the cars are fast and fairly easy to maintain. I think my old 2-1600 Porter car is for sale call Malcolm Smith I think he still has it. You can buy a used car cheap these days.

brokedickracing

Reaction
Hey guys,

I'm sure this thread has been posted a bunch. I looked but couldn't really find anything.

What's a good car? Have there been any major changes to chassis design etc that would justify buying a new/newer car? Or are the older used ones for sale sufficient to go out and have fun and get experience?

What brand car/components would you recommened? I'm looking for a 2 seater.

Thanks for your help.

Iggy
I sent you a pm.on who to call for a car or any questions you may have

Iggle

Reaction
For my money I say buy a proven car, it won't make you win but at least you know it's you and not the car.

1600 is a gnarly class and not for the weak of heart.

I love 2 seaters but they can be hard to come by and I'm not sure there have been many that have been winning lately. The 2 seater we used to win in is in Cabo now as is the one Caleb Wyatt won the overall title in.

I drove an epic 12 car from Moulton Fab last year and he builds one hell of a car. Kreger, Lothringer, Bunderson et all will be solid. In 1600 its set up and driver

PAB do you got Bean's number?

Iggle

Reaction
Thanks for all the input. Does anybody have a 1600 car or know of any team that might be able to offer some seat time as co-dawg? :D I think that would be a great place to start my venture and would really appreciate any feedback. I'm in Irvine if anybody is local. I have all my own race gear.

Thanks!

harleys dad

Reaction
You know better than that Cam, they will have to make a casket big enough for the Race-co and me to fit in LOL only the 1 seat car is se vende!!