ICON SCORE BAJA 1000 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser

DeathMonkey007

Reaction
I hadnt seen the one on Ebay but had seen them before. It's on my list of "Things to buy when I have Bill Gates money"

http://icon4x4.com/

http://icon4x4.com/inventory/baja-edition-fj40
Baja Edition FJ40

PRICE: $105000.00

1971 FJ40 SCORE BAJA 1000 Edition
Competitive financing available, Enquire
Quite rare. Extremely capable, stout and well balanced.
450HP aluminum fuel injected 450 HP LS V8, mated to the HD 4L65E automatic with overdrive, and the Atlas II twin stick transfer case.
Racepak gauges.
Lowrance Baja navigation.
Full race gear kit mounted in anchor plates in cargo area.
Extensive HID lighting system.
Advanced coil suspension with 12".
Wheel travel, remote canister RaceRunner 2.5 shocks with Eibach coils
Limiter straps and hydraulic bump stops.
Ipod based stereo with amp, command center style console with master kill switch, start button, audio controls.
Locking differential and air compressor controls all within arms reach.
DJ Safety five point harnesses on Recaro Sport seats. Ready to rumble! Just over 1000 miles since build, save thousands!
Note: Currently running the ICON 17" black teflon wheels with BFG 285/75R17 Mud Tires, not street legal with race wheels & tires shown.

They make some beautiful stuff.... if only I had Bill G money.

Hmmm... Heres something I didnt know...

"As our global reputation grew and grew, I began to work as a consultant for Toyota, and TLC began to handle special projects for Toyota ranging from outfitting vehicles for special events to eventually being asked by Mr. Toyoda to build three running and driving prototypes of what became the 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser. Our original prototypes paid more direct homage to the Land Cruiser tradition than the exciting new FJ Cruiser. This design departure from our prototypes is what eventually made us ask ourselves the question... If we were to revisit the FJ40 our way, how would we do it?"

Hmmm... wonder what the proto was like?

JRod

fast-aid.org
Reaction
I think I was mistaken - Looked at both the FJ and the ICON Vehicle Dynamics website and the logos look different - Plus, the FJ for sale looks like the retro one - as opposed to the old Donahoe FJ was the new body style....

DeathMonkey007

Reaction
Icon is the old Donahoe Racing..... and 108k...... WAJ!
I dont think its the same Icon.

The logo is a bit different, and the company that came out of Donahoe Racing is Icon Vehicle Dynamics. While they make some great stuff for the FJ, I dont think this is the same group.

Maybe I am wrong....

Edit: DOH I type slow

BajaFand

Reaction
It's not the same Icon as ICON Vehicle Dynamics. I am pretty sure this Icon is a subdivision of TLC- Toyota Land Cruisers, which is a company that restores Land Cruisers. The Land Cruiser for sale is a kit that they sell as a turnkey replica Land Cruiser.