Ideas for 2001 F-150 Long Travel Rear End

LT150

Reaction
Hey guys,

I picked up a 2001 F-150 2WD that used to be used to be built up but no longer has a rear end. The LT front is already basically done, there's front and rear fiberglass, stock rear end. I don't want to go too crazy since I just want a play truck for Ocotillo, thinking maybe shackles, deavers, and some 16-18" bypasses, and need a bed cage of course.

Any suggestions on who to call in Orange County? Also, looking for other opinions and options if anyone has recommendations!

Thanks all

AZFR8TRAIN

Reaction
I have a lot of fun with my link killer kit from Giant off road. Real nice brackets and deavers. Want to say 21 inches of travel total mine is strapped at 18. Still drives good on the road as well. Geoff is real nice and knowledgable with fords as well

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

Reaction
$1100 in shackles and deavers, then whatever you wanna blow on shocks, and it will be a fun play toy.

As far as calling someone, do you mean a supplier or builder? Only an afternoon to install new springs and shackles, and another afternoon to put in mounts and shocks.

Bert is my name

Reaction
My buddyhas the link killer on his 89 f150 and that kit works extremely well. I was surprised how well it worked right out of the box. He runs the giant two tube bypasses with a valving change . Don't remember the specs but it rides as well as my other buddies linked truck.

LT150

Reaction
Hey guys! Thanks for the response. So the plan is to go with a bed cage with some space fox tools and a dirt bike, and fuel cell. I'm probably going to build it myself with a little help from my friend at Brenthal. I want to be able to drive the truck on the street so I will have to look into regulations with having a bed cage. I have a friend at Fox so I'm most likely going to snag some 2.5 or 3.0x16-18" shocks.

Its hard to find any kits for my Ford so I will have to call up Giant and pick their brains. Anyone know if the Fox 3.0x18 triple or quad bypass will be a good fit? Looks like a beast of a rear shock and I want it :)

LT150

Reaction
Haha seriously ^ Not sure if he meant bolt on mounts and shackles but I figure it'll probably take me more than an afternoon to weld up a cage :) If anyone is in orange county and wants to get paid to help me out, I'm open to it.

jon coleman

Reaction
fox- n - friends, lucky dog, bigger is always better , cost being equal.more shock size better heat control.

Reaction
I need a bed cage built in an afternoon. In fact, I need 10. Are you available?
im assuming this was sarcasm..

i meant another afternoon aka 10 hours working till midnight for just shock tab mounting at full droop and tuck. not building new spring mounts.