Identify this Manx

Wendell #527

Reaction
I know there are hundreds of Meyers Manx copies out there. I recently got this one for my kid. It has an unusual hood shape. Does anybody know what company might have made this body?

Attachments

• resized Manx1.JPG
    resized Manx1.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 630
  • resized manx 2.JPG
    resized manx 2.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 551
  • resized manx 3.JPG
    resized manx 3.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 621

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
No clue but I'm jealous. I always wanted a Manx for cruising around town in......

Reaction
It's what the Ocelot was cloned off of.......

Thanks! I seem to recall that the Ocelot was produced by the Chapala Dusters and featured the old six-volt VW headlight buckets in the front fenders.

Wasn't it referred to as "The Ferrari of the Sand"? It was one of my favorite 'glass cars when it was introduced.

Reaction
yea it had speakers in it when i got it. but it has the side pods to cover it up

Cool, I never knew there WERE Ocelot sidepods. Maybe an SS feature.

Please be sure and post pics of the projects progress. Will you use 6v buckets with modern lighting installed?

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
I know there are hundreds of Meyers Manx copies out there. I recently got this one for my kid. It has an unusual hood shape. Does anybody know what company might have made this body?

It's X-0030 on the dunebuggy archives list. Maker, Marcas Fiberglass, Atwater CA.

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
Nope, I saw another set at the off-road swap meet 2 years ago and didn't buy them. Still regretting that as they're aren't any parts for them anymore. I made lexan covers for them when I got off-road, they make way to large of targets LOL.......