if it was me ?

charlie296

Reaction
i heard as far as a grape vine works anyway that there is talk of no land rush starts at the beloved crandon races , and im not one to gripe to much but would really like to hear what other people think of this... lets see hands for your ideas on this matter....and as for me i like the land rush and have seen it from the start seeing i grew up watching it that way ... i know alot of people wait for that rush of turn 1 and for the food line cause it is that good.

jmason912

Reaction
That would kill all the excitment that is Crandon.

Hearing the roar of the engines and waiting to see who comes around turn one first is the heart and soul of Crandon. No one sits during the starts.

HDRA1

The Godfather
Reaction
that would kill crandon that is one of the best starts in motor sports period i hope this is not true cause you see who's got the nuts and who is tucking them back

little bart

Reaction
I can't see Crandon changing their ways or RJ wanting to take it away. It would ruin the trip for me at least.

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
...... i would never eat grapes from your grapevine.....

..............this is NOT true....... and if it is, even the "inside" people dont know about it, and those are some good grapes if you ask me :D .....

Reaction
Land rush start is the only way to go!

More importantly, the competition caution is already going to f things up, the scenario of building substantial lead at crandon and losing a tire on the last lap but still winning the race is GONE!!! I'll still be there though, watching from the crowd, drinking my MGD...

charlie296

Reaction
as i was saying it was discussed not an item yet ... was just seeing what general people as in drivers , fans and even sponsers think of such a thing , no facts just thoughts...

handmethemic

Reaction
Please don't do it. Crandon IS land rush starts and Turn One.

Bobby PeCoy

Reaction
The land rush start is the biggest reason I am trying to get to Crandon this year. 30 to 40 wide, open wheel unlimited buggy's heading for turn one Waaaaa hooooooo!!! I would love to be able to feel the rush of a land rush start and say that was/is my favorite track. Take that away??? The Quarry sure was fun. Surprize?? Loved the moguls

Ziggy

Reaction
I think they should take the 2 jumps out of the landrush start.I used to race after the Prolites in the Sportsman Stock class when there were 25-30 Prolites getting ready to go.Almost every race there would be a re-start because there were such wrecks in turn 1.It was so exciting yet unbearable watching those guys line up again and knowing we were next.

When in the crowd I can tell you that there was nothing more exciting than watching 20 trucks come into the front stretch at 100mph in mid air,anything could happen and almost always did.Cenni got wrecked in 01 (I think) and there were only 2 welds holding his cage together.

justafan

Reaction
I am finally taking my wife and kids this year and I am going to be disappointed if the Crandon I've been telling them about isn't there. The "blind" start, the ground shaking as they come into turn one and waiting to see who hits the front stretch in the lead is part of the mystique.

Rolling side by side starts are for stock cars, not off road.

hoeker

Reaction
this is dumb, crandon will always have a landrush start.

if there was any discussion on rolling starts i'll bet it was the restart after the mandatory caution. anything else and it was the wrong guy with too many old milwaukees in him starting a dumb rumor in a small wisconsin bar that got plastered on the 2 biggest short course forums on the web.

little bart

Reaction
Is the rolling start still in debate?? It would help competition but it just seems to make the first half of the race less important.

randy1123

Reaction
Is the rolling start still in debate?? It would help competition but it just seems to make the first half of the race less important.
I think the rolling start is not in debate anymore, but your beer type is.
When in Rome is what I always say.

Pro2-54

Bobby Earl
Reaction
i heard as far as a grape vine works anyway that there is talk of no land rush starts at the beloved crandon races , and im not one to gripe to much but would really like to hear what other people think of this... lets see hands for your ideas on this matter....and as for me i like the land rush and have seen it from the start seeing i grew up watching it that way ... i know alot of people wait for that rush of turn 1 and for the food line cause it is that good.
??????????????

justafan

Reaction
So what I am reading between here and Hoeks site, is the land rush is out. Does this mean that the Chairmans race is a rolling also?

Maybe TORC should change the promo video showing land rush starts now that they (PDG) have wimped out. Seems the PDG is going the route of NASCAR and protecting certain high paying sponsors too much...:eek: Oh well, I'll still be there. The land rush is only one part of the excitement.