• Forum membership has its advantages....

IF SCORE DIED, WOULD YOU RACE CODE OR RECORD ?

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Do you like racing in Baja or do you like racing SCORE ?
Entries have been low for every series i think due to the economy, but if SCORE stopped racing or couldnt secure racing in Baja, Would you race CODE or RECORD if they jacked up the price a bit for Heli coverage and security ?

MADMILLER

Entries are coming in record numbers in the states...multiple teams with new trucks ready to raise the speed average..I do not think its the economy..I do think that its the organization.

RedRide

I think they should continue to do what they are good at and that is catering to the limited classes. Let score have the 500 and 1000.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Zac Reish

Ive always wondered why a local org in mexico for mexico can not run a longer race. And do we really need helicopters. We're out there risking our life at will not because there are helicopters following trophy trucks 100 miles ahead of us. I like going to Baja and racing in Baja. I could care less what org is running the race.

Klaus

Administrator
In my opinion SCOREs fate is unconditional to ones desire to race CODE or Record. They are both amazing racing organizations that offer some of the best races in desert racing.

I have raced both and highly recommend both of them to anyone.

MARXICO

The Mexican race promoters cater to a different crowd keeping it cost effective, you start making a longer race and cost go up for promoters and entrants that defeats the concept . When you change their current venue to mimic Score, then where dose the budget grass root racer go?

mexgamer

Maybe Record and CODE together can run the Baja 500 and Baja 1000 if something happens to SCORE. They could exclude those two from their regular calendar so they don't affect the racers who can't afford them. People would race the 500 and the 1000 even if they weren't part of any championship

steve squires

Entries are coming in record numbers in the states...multiple teams with new trucks ready to raise the speed average..I do not think its the economy..I do think that its the organization.
I do not think any races in the states will ever compare to baja. Its easier and cheaper (particularly with no prerunning) to race in the states and many teams feel safer racing there. But there is only one Baja experience
and its not in Parker AZ or Nevada. Just my opinion.

harleys dad

All I will say is Code and Record would do a better job and entries would explode

DRZ_Motorsports_119

I going to put a perfect snapshoot for CODE/RECORD:

People bash SCORE/RN and many people or politics involved behind the curtains want the big cake $$$ (B1K) do you really think CODE/RECORD can really work together and organize a Baja 1000????

I don’t think it will never happen between those 2 organizations, the reasons:

* In Baja there’s not a State Off-Road championship, both organizations work separately in there municipalities.

* What happened to the RECORD/CODE RR275 that started in ENS-Summit-SF, it didn’t work out.

* CODE wasn’t getting the results of entries and revenue for the CODE 500 and SF200.

* The few times that CODE organized a race in Ensenada it tried to get sabotage by RECORD and land owners, the reason the ML300 was move back to Mxli.

In 50 years no Mexican organization has been able to organize a top level off-road race or rally raid, Mexican culture is about the compadres, personal interests and politics (sad to say but true I’m Mexican). SCORE isn’t going away maybe a change in ownership in the future or hiring key people to the take SCORE to the next level and run the business for the owner (ex: board of directors).

bajafox

Accepted
Well said DRZ.

It's simple, if you want to race the Pacific side race RECORD, if you want to race La Salada and San Felipe, race CODE

Baja Bryan

Code could do a score race but I hope they don't. I like CODE just the way it is now. Nice fun races. Great for the family and you get to enjoy the beauties of Baja.