If U Test, Race or play in PC U need to read this!

dwasser

Reaction
Local law is stepping up on green sticker and vehicle registration enforcement in Plaster City. Everyone should always make sure that their vehicle has current registration. It's how the state counts the number of OHV users so it's a small price to pay.

If you are racing the DRIVE / ORW Grand Prix next week make sure that all your paperwork is squared away. Spectators should do the same. The ticket can exceed $300.

If your vehicle is:

Street legal - Make sure you have your plates and stickers as well as paperwork.

California Green Sticker - Make sure you have your sticker on the vehicle and have your paperwork.

Out of state - Make sure you have your paperwork and any plates or stickers. You may be required to have an out of state OHV sticker which runs around $30. I'm looking into that now. If it is required don't panic. They are easy to get.

*****If you are planning on racing or coming out to spectate and are reading this thinking "I should have taken care of that a long time ago." Don't panic.*****

Call California Registration in El Cajon. I spoke with them this morning and they can help you out. Buggys or trucks without VIN #s have to go to CHP to get one. Jessica at California Registration can get the process started right away. By starting the process you can get a "tempory tag" and deal with getting a VIN later.

Please call her at 619-743-8683. I have already explained that we have a race coming up and she is ready to help.

Under the BLM permit the promoter is required to check for stickers or plates. We will be doing this in tech for this race. Please don't wait until the last minute.

Call Jessica and get it taken care of. 619-743-8683.

Expect stricter enforcement from here on out. With state budgets tightening no one is going to look the other way.

I started calling everyone that is entered in the race today and will continue tomorrow. If you are signed up for the race and reading this please post so I can cross you off the list.

Thanks

Last edited:

tcm glx

Reaction
Good info, nice of you looking out for everyone. I agree, green sticker is a small price to pay for them being able to count how many OHV users are out there.

5racer

Reaction
It's how the state counts the number of OHV users so it's a small price to pay.
its how the state makes money has nothing to do with how many ohv users there are they could care less all they want is your wallet and thats it .calif politician's are getting desperate they dont want to give up all the perks they have .

TreyP

"F" you Bill
Reaction
This is why I went through the hassle of getting my car a green sticker after I bought it. Pain in the rear, but worth it in the long run. All vehicles that race or drive in California deserts are required to have one.

Just do it. Otherwise you are going to pay a heavy fine.

dwasser

Reaction
It's how the state counts the number of OHV users so it's a small price to pay.
its how the state makes money has nothing to do with how many ohv users there are they could care less all they want is your wallet and thats it .calif politician's are getting desperate they dont want to give up all the perks they have .
Not trying to get into a political debate. All I am saying is if you plan to drive or ride a vehicle in Plaster City you better get your ducks in a row or be prepared to pay even more.

I do have a question. I understand that some politicians could care less about how many OHV users there are but how could a politician that does actually care stand on their own two feet in a meeting if a large % of users don't register their vehicles. It's always hard numbers against hard numbers. No one sits at the Plaster Plant and counts how many people come to the desert each day. They base numbers off of registrations and organized events.

SicRic

Reaction
What about the racers from Mexico? What do they need? just to relay the info...

J Caster

Honda TRX700XX Pilot
Reaction
I always thought those entered in the race weren't required to have one because they were on a closed course. They are paying the land use fee as part of the entry. Did something change?

SicRic

Reaction
I always thought those entered in the race weren't required to have one because they were on a closed course. They are paying the land use fee as part of the entry. Did something change?
Good Question, that is what I thought also.....And that should cover the racers from out of state or out of country?????

A Vance

Reaction
I watched the rangers at a motorcycle national almost not let factory kawasaki guys race due to the fact they did not have green stickers for their bikes. It is a closed course but they will still write you up for something if they want.

dwasser

Reaction
I just got off the phone with the BLM. I was told it is the promoters responsibility to make sure that all entrants comply with the California State OHMVR Regulations. (Very nicely by the way. They have been easy to work with.)

Here's what it says on the OHMVR website about registration.

"All vehicles operated off-highway on public lands in California are required to be (1) street-licensed or (2) registered as an off-highway vehicle (OHV). If you are visiting California from another state and your vehicle does not have a current registration from your home state, you must purchase a California Nonresident OHV Use Permit before you recreate on public lands"

We have our little AZ plate, but please keep us posted if we need a temp sticky. I know where to get those.
If I am reading it correctly you are good to go without the Out of State sticky.

What about the racers from Mexico? What do they need? just to relay the info...
I'm going to have to call the OHMVR again on Monday. Is there registration on OHVs in Mex?

The stipulations I have from 2007, which are still current, require the promoter to check for registration. If you don't have it we aren't allowed to let you race

Good Question, that is what I thought also.....And that should cover the racers from out of state or out of country?????
The land use fee is separate from the sticker stuff. Land use goes to BLM. Sticker stuff goes to OHMVR.

California sells a non resident OHV sticker which is good for a year http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=25669
Thanks for the link. ORW will also have non resident stickers at registration on Friday just in case.

Our goal is to make sure everyone is legal and doesn't get a ticket.

SicRic

Reaction
So the racers from coming from Mexicali have to stop and purchase an outof state permit to participate in one race? I dont know if they have a way of registering their vehicles in Mexico.... that is the question.

dwasser

Reaction
So the racers from coming from Mexicali have to stop and purchase an outof state permit to participate in one race? I dont know if they have a way of registering their vehicles in Mexico.... that is the question.
I want to verify exactly what they need. ORW will have out of state permits on site if that is the case. Can you tell me if Mexico requires registration or not?

R_TAYLOR

Reaction
= I know this belongs in purple but dont yall think the govt. is out of control??? FYI I do

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
This is why I went through the hassle of getting my car a green sticker after I bought it. Pain in the rear, but worth it in the long run. All vehicles that race or drive in California deserts are required to have one.
Just do it. Otherwise you are going to pay a heavy fine.
Exactly,

Before our race truck ever left the trailer and touched dirt, we made sure we had the green sticker. Made an appointment and took the truck to CHP and had them pull the VIN number off the frame. It took a total of 15 minutes, took the paperwork to DMV and got the sticker.

TNT race photo

Reaction
The ranger was at the bike race last night, he wrote tickets from 6pm tell midnight, he went to every camp and pit checking reg, he gave out tickets like playing cards, zero tolerance reg ,helmets, underage drinking, when bikes came threw home check he was checking green stickers, get your act together or you will pay.