If you got a dnf at SF 250 why race the 500?

Skip it or do it cause Baja!?

• You’re on crack I’m doing the 500!

Votes: 23 88.5%
  • Make's great sense to me!

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

nimrod

KOOK!
RDC Crypto
The 500 results don‘t determine starting positions for the 400. If you got zero points at the 250 and are gonna start waaay back at the 500 why not skip it? Save money by racing the Legacy Baja race in the USA 3 weeks later which is a ton cheaper than going to Mexico. You‘d still have plenty of time to prep for the Baja 400 and still have a shot at a great starting position for the 1000.

Advertising supports this site

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
www.eleusisdigitalcanvas.com
Well since we got a DNF at the 250 and are racing the Legacy Baja race it for sure makes sense to me. Haha

Mike

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
Nimrod was just wanting to do a poll and was nice enough to have a subject I could relate to. Haha

There is nothing like the real Baja. There is no Baja in Nevada.

Mike

JDDurfey

RDC Crypto
Nimrod was just wanting to do a poll and was nice enough to have a subject I could relate to. Haha

There is nothing like the real Baja. There is no Baja in Nevada.

Mike
So why are you racing a wannabe Baja race in Nevada? Don't they have a "baja" race in Spain or Germany? Maybe even in South Africa?

I'm just bustin balls Mike...I am not racing either. I am jealous of anyone that can.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
So why are you racing a wannabe Baja race in Nevada? Don't they have a "baja" race in Spain or Germany? Maybe even in South Africa?

I'm just bustin balls Mike...I am not racing either. I am jealous of anyone that can.

Haha it’s simple. We do not deserve to go all the way down to Baja to see if we can finish. We need to prove we can finish a race in the states before we got back to Baja.

The legacy Baja Nevada just happens to be the best states race we can race. Legacy is a great org and it will be an amazing race. Hopefully we get our crap together.

Mike

JDDurfey

RDC Crypto
Haha it’s simple. We do not deserve to go all the way down to Baja to see if we can finish. We need to prove we can finish a race in the states before we got back to Baja.

The legacy Baja Nevada just happens to be the best states race we can race. Legacy is a great org and it will be an amazing race. Hopefully we get our crap together.

Mike
In all honesty it makes sense for you to race the Legacy Race (I refuse to call it Baja). It is way closer to home for you and y'all need to knock down a bunch of race finishes. (Kinda like that line in the 40 year old virgin...you need to knock down a bunch of hood rats before you get to the quality...) I hope you do well.

dan200

wholesome chickens
RDC Crypto

nimrod

KOOK!
RDC Crypto
It’s bothersome to me that Score uses race results to force people into races if they want a decent starting position.
I mean if the Baja 400 didn’t set the starting order for the Baja Mil there would be like maybe 10 entries from guys chasing the season points. Seems like a more equitable way would be top 10 set by finishing order of previous race and everyone else by draw or qualifying.

nimrod

KOOK!
RDC Crypto
I doubt I’d care if my hero hadn’t dnf’d with a cracked piston in a brand new engine at the 250 but that’s a different story. Now he gets to start the 500 waaaay back. 😜
I guess brand new 80k engines aren’t all they’re cracked up to be. 🤷‍♂️

TrophyBurro

RDC Crypto
The 500 results don‘t determine starting positions for the 400. If you got zero points at the 250 and are gonna start waaay back at the 500 why not skip it? Save money by racing the Legacy Baja race in the USA 3 weeks later which is a ton cheaper than going to Mexico. You‘d still have plenty of time to prep for the Baja 400 and still have a shot at a great starting position for the 1000.
why not just stay home and play offroad games on your IPADS ?

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
We ran the 400 last year. It was an awesome course. Why race anywhere when there’s another Baja race with the best in the business?

AZ7000'

RDC Crypto
It’s bothersome to me that Score uses race results to force people into races if they want a decent starting position.
I mean if the Baja 400 didn’t set the starting order for the Baja Mil there would be like maybe 10 entries from guys chasing the season points. Seems like a more equitable way would be top 10 set by finishing order of previous race and everyone else by draw or qualifying.
Sounds like smart business to me!