If you love off road racing how are you not there?

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
Dave “the kingmaker” Cole put on a whale of an event.
If you love offroad and racing you really need to schedule this in next year. I Mean a whole 7-10 days of prerunning, qualifying, racing, and desert shenanigans. It’s like offroad racing heaven.
I can’t wait for next year!
How Dave and all the peeps at Ultra4 pulled this off in the middle of all that’s going on is mind boggling.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Sorry, I don’t know who the photo credits go to, maybe Jimmy Lee Cook?

Attachments

• E33A7161-3DCF-4269-9F9A-D771BFA55EF5.jpeg
    E33A7161-3DCF-4269-9F9A-D771BFA55EF5.jpeg
    380.8 KB · Views: 181
  • DAC17533-DC97-40BE-92EF-E5ECC553E006.jpeg
    DAC17533-DC97-40BE-92EF-E5ECC553E006.jpeg
    197.8 KB · Views: 178
  • 9042029E-9EBE-4B91-8CFF-079C4BAAE2CA.jpeg
    9042029E-9EBE-4B91-8CFF-079C4BAAE2CA.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 177

DirtDgr

Reaction
Completely agree! I did the 11 race and had to come home Sunday after. Ask my daughters. I whined about it all the way 10 hours driving home. It was my first time at KOH.
Next year I am there all week! It truly is offroad heaven!

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
Completely agree! I did the 11 race and had to come home Sunday after. Ask my daughters. I whined about it all the way 10 hours driving home. It was my first time at KOH.
Next year I am there all week! It truly is offroad heaven!
You guys put on an amazing race! So rad! Thank you!

Last edited:

raddad415

Reaction
Not a rock crawling guy. Up to this point I've kind of dismissed KOH. I may have to reconsider.
im not a rock crawling guy either... but the place is a spectacular.... Any thing you can think of is out there.. from rock crawler Datsun 270z's to Rock Buggy's to full blown trophy trucks/ lifted limo's, 6x6 military trucks.. And any desert you can think of all in one place...

If you are a fan of off-road in general, its a bucket list type race.

MTPyle

Reaction
Really was an amazing event of racing. Bucket list event for any off-roader.

This was our First KOH so hard to know what was normal and what was effected by Covid.

I think it could be condensed into less time but would make it way more difficult to plan and pull off. The two weekends made it hard to see both desert and Ultra4 stuff.

For being our first time it was hard to know where to go and what to do for spectating. Really would be good to have someone thats been there before to be with you. That being said Dave was a huge help in dialing us in and pointing us into the right direction. But for someone without the inside scoop it would be confusing.

One of the coolest things for me was seeing all the Ultra4 vehicles. Works of art and so many cool and unique solutions.

I think we will be cleaning dust out of our stuff for awhile. but worth it. LOL

Mike

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
This event has all the right angles. It's like Burning Man meets offroad racing just more controlled. Literally everyone out there is cool and sharing the same love for offroad. We will defiantly be racing this events in some way next year. I love the idea of camping, how close he event is to So-Cal, and how organized they are. The spectators are awesome and so is the live stream for people who can't make it to the event. This event if continuing on the path they are on is going to for sure be the primer event of the year not that is already isn't.

Well done Dave and crew!

McCredie A

Reaction
I was not able to make it. Bummed for sure! I do say the PPV live stream was great! I watched both weekends in the garage. I was amazed by the content. Great job to the whole team!

HartLessPerf

Reaction
First year we missed since we started going in 2017. Would have been there, but with the border restrictions/quarantine upon return to Canada it wasn't doable. Watched as much as possible. My soul was there, that's for sure!

mrlentle

Reaction
Made it last year from New Zealand and had a blast and this year looked bigger and better again. We'll be back once the bank account recovers sufficiently. Definitely worth the investment.

ONE_RJ

Reaction
Really was an amazing event of racing. Bucket list event for any off-roader.

This was our First KOH so hard to know what was normal and what was effected by Covid.

I think it could be condensed into less time but would make it way more difficult to plan and pull off. The two weekends made it hard to see both desert and Ultra4 stuff.

For being our first time it was hard to know where to go and what to do for spectating. Really would be good to have someone thats been there before to be with you. That being said Dave was a huge help in dialing us in and pointing us into the right direction. But for someone without the inside scoop it would be confusing.

One of the coolest things for me was seeing all the Ultra4 vehicles. Works of art and so many cool and unique solutions.

I think we will be cleaning dust out of our stuff for awhile. but worth it. LOL

Mike
Mike, I have found over the years the best way to watch KOH is this:
Bring a UTV or off-road vehicle of your choice.- and go just outside Hammer Town to watch the start of the race to see some live action for a while. Subscribe to Cardotrax for the race course on your phone so you know all the spots and where you are at all the time.
Head back to hammer town and pull up a chair with your hand held radio and watch the live feed on the Jumbotron and listen to Ultra1 and announcers for all the happenings going on. You have vendors, restrooms and food close by.
Walk over to the start finish as the leaders come in to pit on the 1st lap and check that out for a bit.
Grab a pizza or snacks and look at all the cool vendors stuff for a while.
Head out again to watch as they come into the finish or watch the jumbo tron as they finish in front of you.
Volunteering as a course worker if your not racing also gives you a great advantage point on the course and you know exactly what’s going on in the race.
I also bring a motorhome and hotspot the live feed from my phone to the TV if I want to just kick back for a bit at my camp spot.
KOH offers incredible coverage throughout the entire event.
Going to Chocolate Thunder or back door at night is also pretty wild to watch the mayhem.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Had a blast! Came Saturday night before the T1 race and hung out with a buddy of mine. Watched the race Sunday morning at an awesome spot where it was super rough. Showed what the vehicles suspension was capable of. Will be back again next year. Thanks Dave and crew I couldn't imagine how hard it was to pull off an event like this.

trailready

ADVERTISER
Reaction
Not a rock crawling guy. Up to this point I've kind of dismissed KOH. I may have to reconsider.
There is virtually NO rock crawling at KOH. This year there was the Lasernut Rock Coronation which was real rock crawling but every other race that happens in the rock trails can only be called a rock assault!! This years event was epic. Folks have said there was 25-50% less people there but you couldn't tell from my viewpoint. Also epic as TR Racers won the rock crawl, the pit crew challenge, the EMC race and the Main Event.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
There is virtually NO rock crawling at KOH. This year there was the Lasernut Rock Coronation which was real rock crawling but every other race that happens in the rock trails can only be called a rock assault!! This years event was epic. Folks have said there was 25-50% less people there but you couldn't tell from my viewpoint. Also epic as TR Racers won the rock crawl, the pit crew challenge, the EMC race and the Main Event.

It looked like less people but not by much. The last day was the most people and being on a Saturday probably had allot to do with that.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
Dave “the kingmaker” Cole put on a whale of an event.
If you love offroad and racing you really need to schedule this in next year. I Mean a whole 7-10 days of prerunning, qualifying, racing, and desert shenanigans. It’s like offroad racing heaven.
I can’t wait for next year!
How Dave and all the peeps at Ultra4 pulled this off in the middle of all that’s going on is mind boggling.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Sorry, I don’t know who the photo credits go to, maybe Jimmy Lee Cook?

The first two are by @havahockey Not sure if the Rob Mac shot is his.

This is one of my favorites from our story about the 4400 race.

2021-koh-4400-race-race-dezert-55.jpg